|I'm in the search for the perfect rug pad, but can't seem to find one. I've bought both cheap and expensive ones including something called organic and they all seem to have some kind of issue. Except the original cheap one I bought a long time ago that is still going strong. Want to find another like it.
Here's what I'm looking for - anybody have one you can recommend.
- Doesn't smell/offgas after a couple of days of airing it out in the garage
Seems like these are all hard to find. I gave up and lived with the expensive one that left the powdery stuff. Now we got rid of that rug after going through potty training and got a new rug that is also more expensive and I now need to find another rug pad.
Do you have one that is still available to purchase and meets the above criteria?
|A pad like the one below is the best. I've had them for years and they work on both carpet and hardwood/tile. One side is a textured rubberized material and the other side feels like felt/wool. |
Most rug stores carry them or you can order online.
The names vary.......
Here is a link that might be useful: rug pads
|Here is a post with many rec's regarding rug pads.|
Here is a link that might be useful: Rug pads
|Thank you annz and technicolor. |
Annz - what happens with those if something wet is spilled is it easy to tell if it is completely dry?
|I use the same type as annz. You can order them from Overstock, Pottery Barn, etc., but I've found the best deals at local rug shops, and they can cut a custom size for you too. My rugs are pretty thick, and they work great. They're good for both carpet and hardwood floors.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here