Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Basement Bathroom Wallpaper Peek

Posted by kswl (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 15:19

They are hanging, I am getting in the way.....love the way it looks! Surface is wet, so looks a bit darker than it will be dry, but very happy with color and pattern. It is a perfect fit with the antique Swedish bench--- which weighs a TON, incidentally.

More pix later when cushion is on and new mirror (in closet awaiting H Andy Guy) is hung. Couldn't resist just one early photo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Basement Bathroom Wallpaper Peek

Ooooooohhhhh!!! :)

o

Well, you already know I a huge fan of everything in your basement so not surprisingly I love the paper. It's wonderful and warm. Can't wait to see the mirror hung!

o

I love it! I can't wait to see it finished!

o

Very nice. Everything is nice and beautiful as well. Can't wait to see it all finished and I know you cannot.

o

lovely!!

o

Gorgeous Kswl!

o

Thanks for the votes of comfidence! When I looked at the picture today I saw how streaky it looks because of the wet paper.....today it is all dry and doesn't change tone like that from strip to strip. It does make the bath darker, so I am either going to have to put additional lights in the room or up the wattage of the existing ones. HG is coming Monday and I am sure he will have some suggestions.

o

Love it!

o

Looks great, and I absolutely love that bench!

o

Gorgeous!! Looking forward to more pictures:)

o

That looks SO pretty! I know you must be pleased!

o

Drier photo!

Still looking for window or pediment for this wall, in the meantime I've found a good placeholder-----burlap matted botanical prints featuring the same leaf types in the wallpaper ;-)

This post was edited by kswl on Sun, Aug 17, 14 at 11:17

o

Love it!

o

Very pretty. Wallpaper could make a comeback if it could all look this good. I had forgotten you were running the brick floor all the way into the bath. Nicely done.

o

Thanks so much! I had a nice set of architectural prints in this room that are stylistically perfect but do not fit into the natural history vibe, so I am not putting them back. Instead, I think I will follow the advice of the Australian shop owner that replaced one of the large botanicals in the other rooms that arrived damaged. He suggested I cut up the damaged one into smaller pieces and frame those, and it sounds like a good idea!

o

Gorgeous room!!

Your whole basement really should be featured in a magazine! :) You have an amazing eye for design! :)

BTW -- just wondering where you found the pretty rug? Thanks! :)

o

Thank you Teacats, but I cannot take credit for it, except the brick floors. An interior designer with whom we've worked several times came up with the design, colors, fabrics and furniture, and the wallpaper and bench in the bathroom. But, I did approve everything!

And I found the runner myself in a local textile mill outlet! In fact, I bought several of them to use on the stairs going up to the first floor. The stairs took five runners because the end pattern had to be cut off except as it could be used on the landing:

I'll look on the back of the intact one in the bath and post any identifying information.

o

KSWL, absolutely perfect! I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I am sure your input was the driving factor in the grand success but I have to admit that your ID has a huge talent.

I will never tire of seeing pics of your glorious home, both upstairs and downstairs. I will be anxiously waiting to see more!

o

Holly Kay you are too nice, as usual :-) I did have a ton of input but I chose from the selections he provided. Except he did veto me completely over the sofas.....I wanted green sofas and he actually REFUSED to work on the project further if I insisted on them. We had a very long conversation / argument over this, and the next day I deferred to his judgment. He had been right in the past about other things, so I went with his experience and he was absolutely right. My mother and SIL were not at all surprised, as we have a saying, "L___ is always right," and he proved it yet again in this instance. Luckily he doesn't "double dip" and charge for time on top of his markup when ordering furniture, so our arguments were at least free!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here