Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marthaelena_gw

Could you share where...

marthaelena
15 years ago

Where did you buy your living room (sofa or sectional)??

I am looking for a sectional and will be hunting for it this weekend!

Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Comments (6)

• trisha57_ny
    15 years ago

Maurice Villence. The couch and the loveseat are going on 8 years, and they are comfortable, and still look great, AND they are off-white (no children).

We have a B&B, moved these couches to our new home (the B&B), and the room where they are in will be in "Distinction" Magazine in the Sept. lst issue.

They cost a little more than you average couch, but look at the results.

• funkyart
    15 years ago

I bought mine at a local store .. mine is leathercraft with a custom leather. I can't rave about the comfort but it is very well made. I just selected the wrong style for how I'll use it.

One leather or fabric sectional that I sat in and almost bought was made by smith brothers of berne indiana. It was absolutely the best sofa I have ever sat in. The style was rather simple but the quality was great .. and the seat cushions were the perfect balance between firm and comfy. It has a customizable and fairly small profile for a sectional also-- which I needed. I saw it at Wolff's furniture (local business in central PA) but I am sure other stores carry it.

• marthaelena
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Trisha,
    Funkyart,

Thanks for the helpful information.
    You guys are great!

• amysrq
    15 years ago

I have a PB Westport sectional which was made by Mitchell Gold. It has worn well enough. Usually looks schlumpy because of the loose back cushions. (I prefer tight back for its tidy-factor.) But it is wicked comfortable. You could live on that sofa for a week and be happy! It is slipcovered and could look cleaner if I would just get over my laziness and take it to the cleaners. Good luck shopping.

• suero
    15 years ago

I got a sectional at Thomasville, but that model is no longer made. I recently purchased a sofa at Drexel Heritage, and it's very, very comfy. The nice thing about Drexel Heritage is that you can select just about everything -- arm style, skirt, leg style and finish, cushion style, cushion filling, as well as upholstery and trim, all for the same price.
    I do have to add this about Drexel Heritage. A few weeks after the sofa was delivered, I got a form in the mail asking how I would rate various aspects of the furniture, shopping experience, delivery, etc. I wrote a note on the form, saying that the people who delivered the sofa did a good job of setting up, but that they had tracked dirt on my carpet. A couple of days later, I got a call from Drexel saying that they would clean the carpet. They cleaned the carpet in the two rooms that the delivery men tracked dirt into, and I can't say enough about how pleased I was with Drexel's follow through.

• rdsso
    15 years ago

I have a leather sofa by natuzzi I purchased at Dillards. It is not very comfy so I am not sure if I will get leather again. DH will not sit on it he says it is hard. One of my co workers says it will get softer the more you sit on it but it is to darn hard no one wants to sit on it. Durable yes, comfy no. My kids both have cloth, that microfiber material, I will say they are not the most elegant looking but comfy and really durable.