Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great table... but does it clash with my flooring?

Posted by MateoandMe (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 15:04

Hi everyone. I really like this table at Macy's but I don't think the color will be right with my flooring. My cabinets will be dark almost black and also have an open concept layout in my soon to be built house. Should I go lighter or darker as far as a dining table? Any suggestions to where I can find a great piece? (living in Las Vegas) Thank you for your opinions.

Flooring
Photobucket

Macy's Champagne Dining Set
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great table... but does it clash with my flooring?

Is that all the same flooring in the first picture? It looks like two different colors so I'm not sure which you chose - or if the flooring just has a wide variation in the color.

o

Yes that is all the same flooring. It is one big sample piece.

o

Your flooring looks nice!

They both have a gray tone to them, right? Is the floor more yellow and the table more pink/red? I can't tell.

I think you could do a black table easily without worrying about it.... This particular one might be too close in tone without matching exactly....... but will you have a rug under it? With a rug, I doubt anyone would tell.

o

I would build the house first and then pick the table.

o

@fori Sorry. I should be clearer with my words but the house will be done the beginning of September.

@lolauren thank you for your advice! I do have an area rug that I'll be laying under it and I think you're right about a darker table.

o

But it makes a difference to actually stand in the room and look around. I'm not being snide--it's just that once you can actually BE there, your perspective can change and you might end up kicking yourself for being too proactive.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here