Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New powder room wallpaper is in!

Posted by sas95 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 14:53

We have a tiny, tiny powder room off the foyer that only just fits a sink and toilet. It was a pretty blah room, but everything in it is in good condition so I didn't want to spend a lot of money to change the look. I have never done wallpaper before, but decided to wade boldly into this new territory. I really like how it came out-- the room was so dark before, and this makes it seem lighter and brighter. I only wish I had taken pictures of the "before."

I'm still accessorizing, so I'll do a full reveal at some future point. But I was excited about the paper so I thought I'd share!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New powder room wallpaper is in!

Sas, I love your beautiful pattern. I am a big wallpaper fan and yours is especially pretty.

Look at the wall where the light is reflecting. It looks like the sun is trying to peak out from amidst the clouds. What a beautiful effect.

I'm anxious to see your full reveal.

o

It's beautiful! The pattern looks like a flowering quince---gorgeous!!! If that is a tiny view of the floor along the bottom, it goes really well with the tile. Great look! (And welcome to the dark side of wallpaper lovers, lol)

o

I love it.

o

I love wallpaper and that looks great! Also love the floor.

o

Thanks for the nice words!

The floor is a pinky beige and I tried a few different paint colors to tone down the pink. Nothing really worked, so I decided to just embrace the pink and make the floor look intentional.

o

That is very pretty. Enjoy!

o

I love wallpaper. Beautiful choice!

o

Well-done! I've seen so many pretty wallpapers... Yours is such a pleasing pattern.

Did you hang this yourself?

o

I really like it...reminds me of the wallpaper that I picked out for my bedroom that I never bought or hung....hmmm.

o

I love it! I've never been a big fan of wallpaper in general, but I really do love yours and now am anxious to see the finished room. Very pretty!
Lynn

o

Pretty!

o

Sorry, wrong thread.

This post was edited by FSachs on Thu, Aug 21, 14 at 9:20

o

That is a very pretty paper. I'm anxious to see the completed room :)

o

Love that wallpaper!

o

Beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here