Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
png4eva

SW green color similiar to BM Baby Turtle or Olive Branch?

png4eva
13 years ago

I wanted to paint my master bedroom either Olive Branch or Baby Turtle both are Benjamin Moore colors. However my painter is using Sherwin-Williams paints. I'm sure they might be able to match it, but do you know of a SW paint color I could check out that is similar to that soft olive green? Thanks.

Comments (6)

• png4eva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you! Both great choices, but I think the Connected Gray may be a little closer to what I was going for. I'll check it out.

• png4eva
    Original Author
    13 years ago

SW Svelte Sage is another I found to be close to what I'm looking for. Does anyone have pictures of Svelte Sage on their walls? Thanks in advance!

• CaroleOH
    13 years ago

I would just have them mix the BM color in SW paint. I did that with my FR and Kitchen. I used two BM colors and my painter used SW paint.

SW has in their computer all of the BM colors and will mix them just like they do their own colors. It's not a "match" it's the actual formulation. Perhaps there's a different sheen or finish because of different paints from company to company, but I've actually put a dab of the SW paint mixed color on the BM color strip and it matches exactly. Just tell them (as an example) you want BM Baby Turtle in Duration Matte or Cashmere or Superpaint.

• bcb77
    13 years ago

Here is Svelte Sage. :) Used this one in our office. I meant to suggest it but forgot! It's just one step down from Connected Gray on the chart, right? Very nice color.

{{!gwi}}

• tracey_b
    13 years ago

I wanted to like Baby Turtle, but it didn't look right in our new house. We used SW Svelte Sage and Grassland (same strip) in the last house and loved them both. I think the Grassland stays "sagier" while the SS seems a little cooler (if that makes sense--at least at my place)--they both played well with smokey gray, which is what we needed it to do.

In the new house, the lovely green that won out was SW Avenue Tan (not tan at all to me--reminded me very much of Grassland and in some light, what I'd hoped Baby Turtle would be). One shade darker is Fenland. We ended up using a LOT of Avenue Tan throughout the house.

For the outside of the house, we tried Fenland (still looking for an earthy green), but it went too brown on us. After many test samples, we found BM Cheyenne Green and Texas Sage stayed the truest "sage". All our paints were mixed up in Sherwin-Williams paint.

Good luck.