Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dining room chandelier height?

Posted by ardenspark (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 28, 14 at 14:18

I don't have a dining room table yet but have to hang my chandelier. How high from the floor should it be? We have high ceilings (10-12ft high).

Thanks for any guidance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dining room chandelier height?

The electrician who hung mine, hung it 60" from the floor. The standard table is 30" tall and you want your chandelier about 30" from the top of the table.

o

Thanks bbstx!

o

chandy size and height guide

Here is a link that might be useful: Chandy size and height guide

o

That is all good info, but, if you are tall you may want to hang it a bit higher. Even if your not that tall you still may find it more comfortable to have it hanging above your head not looking right at it. 60 inches = 5 feet = eye level for most average women and our guys are even taller I ended up raising mine to about 36 inches above the table and I think it is perfect.

o

A professional installer told us 66" - equaled the top of his head, no measuring tape required.

o

we have 10' ceilings in our new house and I will be having the electrician hang it ~ 36" above the table I think... the light is about 30" tall and ~ 32" wide and I think for everything to look balanced, it will need to be about that height...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here