Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
newgardener_in_zone4

Do these nightstands work together?

I have this bed from Thomasville and the line is discontinued. Unfortunately I did not get any nightstands with the bed and have been looking for them for the past couple years. I may be able to get one from someone in another state after a long search, but that still leaves me missing one. I am interested in another nightstand offered by Thomasville now but can't tell if it will "go" with the bed and/or other nightstand. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments (12)

• newgardener_in_zone4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is the nightstand that from the same line as the bed I own.

• newgardener_in_zone4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Here is the nightstand currently in stores. Would this work as a pair? Does the style look okay with the bed?

This post was edited by newgardener_in_zone4 on Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 14:10

• newgardener_in_zone4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

duplicate

This post was edited by newgardener_in_zone4 on Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 14:11

• arcy_gw
    9 years ago

Matchy matchy is not the trend right now. Many people use two different night stands. Personally I would rather have two of the newer style. If you like them both why not go for it?

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

Can you purchase one of the newer version with a return option if you don't like it? Sometimes, I think you have to see a piece in the room with the other furnishings to be certain if it works or not.

Personally, I don't mind if nighstands don't match, but they have to feel right together.

• lascatx
    9 years ago

Ours don't match because DH had one he wanted to keep when we got a new bed. They didn't match before that either (I was using a small bookcase for a while). In our room, you seldom can see both at the same time anyway, so it doesn't bother me. I do like them being the same height (the bookcase was taller) and having some similar details.

• newgardener_in_zone4
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I really like the old style, personally, but it just can't be found. I am not even sure if the one I did find is a guarantee. The local Thomasville store does have one of the new styles in stock and it is actually a floor model on clearance so it is a good price, but it is final sale (there's only one there). Unless they are willing to make an exception I don't think I can take it home and return if it doesn't work. I can't quite tell if the wood is a match either. It looks very close but it might be slightly lighter in color than my bed. I stopped in quickly at the store last night but didn't have much time. I will have to go back and look again. I just wasn't sure if the style worked well with the bed.

I would prefer a closed back (chest style) as opposed to open because there are outlets and cords in sight behind the nightstand from the lamps and clocks (as is the case with what I'm currently using for nightstands). But I'm trying to keep my options open because I am really wanting to finish the room.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

I think the night stands are fine together, but that second one is very poorly proportioned.....it looks like a drawer set on top of a stand meant for something else.

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

I don't like the second one and I don't think they go together. The second one is odd, with the feet on an angle. Just my opinion. Find something that you love.

• bbstx
    9 years ago

For the side where you can't get a matching nightstand, could you go in a totally different direction - like a skirted table? You can have a skirted table in any style from very tailored to very frou frou. Search "skirted table" on Pinterest for some ideas.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Take a look on Ebay, there are lots of sets of Thomasville nightstands. The link is below

Here is a link that might be useful: nightstands

• ravencajun Zone 8b TX
    9 years ago

I agree I am not a fan of the open back one, I am not sure it will match your color either.
    If you aren't in love with it then keep looking.
    I used the skirted tables for a while in the guest room, it looked fine.
    I want storage in my bedside tables.