Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natesgram_gw

Will you share a picture of your home?

natesgram
10 years ago

I'm thoroughly enjoying the previous thread of "how long have you lived in your home" and loved seeing my3dogs house. Here is a picture of the tract home we are about to move into (minus the tree decor above the garage). Single level, 3bed/2bath, 1700 s.f. Care to share yours?

Comments (104)

• lizzie_grow
    10 years ago

Loves to walk....you are in the right spot if you love to walk! Greenlake area is very beautiful & fun. We are on Queen Anne, but lived east of Greenlake for about 30 plus years before moving over to Queen Anne. Can you believe the summer we've been having? I will try to post our house....

• allison0704
    10 years ago

Such pretty homes. I love putting houses with names.

We're in central Alabama and live on acreage. It's a gated community and everyone has 3 acres or more. We have almost 5. We've built/moved in 8 years ago next month. Doesn't seem that long! I love so much about our house, but one thing is that you can't see it all when standing anywhere. People are always surprised when they come inside, or see the back. The lower level is open on three side and has the best views of the water.

Doggie corral in the front. Guest driveway and parking.

{{!gwi}}

Stone carriage house garage.

{{!gwi}}

Front veranda

Many that see this picture think all the arches are more garage doors. But that's the lower veranda. Upper back veranda above the arches. Part of it is screened. The large, dark squares on the right bottom and top are large windows. Taken right after we moved in and the silt fence was still up.

{{!gwi}}

Our house is in the woods, on the left. This was taken from other side of dam at my parent's lakehouse.

{{!gwi}}

DD2 took this one from the dam the first of April. Our house looks down the lake and has water on three sides. I love it here!

{{!gwi}}

• Sandy1963
    10 years ago

This is an old pic of when we moved here 10 years ago...can't believe it's been that long already! I am in eastern CT, on almost 3 acres, surrounded by woods, and the state forest is just up the road from me.

• Sandy1963
    10 years ago

Don't know how to post multiple pics in one post, this is the driveway leading to my house.

• finallyhome
    10 years ago

This is lots of fun. Lovely homes.

• mrsmortarmixer
    10 years ago

I think I want to move :)

• clt3
    10 years ago

A new house we just purchased in Arizona.

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Sandy1963 I can feel my heart rate slowing and tension leaving my shoulders just imagining that as the approach to my home. You must LOVE going home.

• happyintexas
    10 years ago

I hope this shows up...been a while since I posted a photo here. Plus I had to go steal this one from my website.

I live near Fort Worth, Texas...our land used to be cattle pasture...dh and I have planted every stick and blade you see in this photo. Taken on ds's wedding day four years ago...they got married in our backyard...very fun and pretty.

Edited to add. 2400 sq. ft. including a bonus room over the garage...weird space that needs to be overhauled.

This post was edited by happyintexas on Sun, Aug 25, 13 at 15:22

• lv_r_golden
    10 years ago

All wonderful homes and so many areas of the country are represented.

We are in the greater San Diego area in Southern California. We built in 2006-2007, been in 6 years this summer. These first two pictures were professionally taken for a fund raising tour the house was on 3 years ago. I had forgotten that I changed the cushions and umbrellas after the promo photos were taken and before the event..... The house is more the color in the picture of the back.....but they sure got that sunny California thing goin' on in the photo of the front.

• Cloud Swift
    10 years ago

So many beautiful houses. I'm a bit envious of the dramatic presence that a two story can have compared to our low one story.

I've never lived in a two story house (not counting apartments because the building was multistory but the apartment was one level). Ranches were the dominant house type in the LA suburbs when I grew up.

Allison, that stone patio looks like a wonderful spot to sit and enjoy the view.

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

Here's mine from a couple of years ago. We didn't get to much gardening this year...weeds galore! But I loved how it looked this year.

Side

We've been here for 23 years. DH cut down every tree, we built the house and slowly finished rooms as best we could. We've done a few upgrades here and there, but not as many as we'd like. DH would like to downsize, and maybe once the kids are out of college and settled we will. But then Grandchildren would love the yard and the pool. It's an awful lot to take care of though, we have two acres.

Beth P.

• Miz_M
    10 years ago

This has been so enjoyable! I love seeing everyone's homes. :)

Ours is 10 yrs old, on a very quiet cul-de-sac of 10 homes on 1/2 to 1 acre lots. We have a beautiful view of city lights at night. We aren't planning to stay here, I'll miss it, and my neighbors.

I did all the plantings, it was new and bare when we moved in.

• Miz_M
    10 years ago

We're just west of Fort Worth. 2,450 sq ft, one story (the dormers are in a large attic space. I keep electric candles lit in them all year.)

This post was edited by Miz_M on Tue, Aug 27, 13 at 11:25

• Miz_M
    10 years ago

Last one, white Christmas last year:

• happyintexas
    10 years ago

I've so enjoyed seeing everyone's homes. As a Realtor, I get to see the inside and outside of lots of homes...it just never gets old!

MizM I love the electric candles in your windows. Waving at you--I'm headed to west Fort Worth for an inspection for a client there. Is it just me or is it a more gentle paced life on the west side? Seems so to me.

Again, I love seeing the variety of styles in our homes. Fun. May everyone within them be blessed.

• natesgram
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This thread has been like a vacation to me. I love seeing and hearing about each of your homes, all different. I just wish we were magically all close together. I'd love to visit with a cup of coffee.

• Miz_M
    10 years ago

Hi, HappyinTexas! I agree with you .... I grew up in Arlington, but also lived in both Dallas and Ft Worth ... and do like the pace better here. I also love the history and culture of Ft Worth.

Thank you, re: the candle lights! I put them up one Christmas, and loved the look so much, decided to leave them there. We have an outlet near them, and they look so cozy at night.

Hope your inspection goes well!

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

What a great thread this is! Such pretty homes and yards. Allison, I'd like to swap homes with you. Love, love, love your front veranda!

We live in the mountains of New Mexico, in the Santa Fe-Albuquerque area of the state. Ours is a small development outside a wonderful, very quaint, very old village. Each of our homes is on about 3 acres. Because of all the pinon pine and juniper trees, it's pretty much impossible to get a view of our entire house. It's a one story, all adobe home . . . and it's shaped kind of like a boomerang. Not on purpose, but our architect/builder did this to maximize the views . . . which I have to say are awesome every day of the year.

I just took this first pic a couple of minutes ago from the front edge of our property, but it really only shows the right side of our home. That's where the main living part of the house is. The left (unseen) side consists of 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, laundry room and garage

This is the view you see as you come down the walk from the guest parking area up to our front portal (porch/veranda).

I'm sure that everyone has see enough pics of our portal, which serves as our outdoor living and dining rooms from May thru mid-October. So here are two of the reasons we bought this land and built here. The views are wonderful from our front portal (and front of the house) :

. . . and from the back portal and back windows of our home:

Lynn

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

The outside of my new house is unremarkable, because it was built when the neighborhood looked like this (my house is where the door is sliding off the rubble):

But it has a nice city view from the hidden upper terrace:

• annkh_nd
    10 years ago

Our house in North Dakota - we've had a very dry summer, so the lawn is pitiful. But the Corgi is cute:

But the Little Lamb hydrangeas beside the garage are doing well:

• chardie
    10 years ago

This is a fun thread! I'm in a "village" in a section of our town that was a very prosperous mill town in the late 19th century. All around me are Victorian houses of every shape and size. Mine is a c. 1875 vernacular Gothic Revival workingman's cottage. It's a work in progress but at least I've removed the asbestos shingles and restored the original clapboards (and painted them Weston Flax).

• oldbat2be
    10 years ago

This is why I love GW! I have a smile which reaches from ear to ear as I read through these.

sueb - simply dreadfully envious of your spectacular summer house!

egbar- your home is charming!

gooster - loved seeing your exterior, just a tad cranky that you're on the other side of the country....

beagles - your wonderful home/setting always reminds me of home (NC). How goes the remodeling in FL? I keep looking for updates :)

sandy1963, your driveway would make anyone smile!

allison0704 - I have always loved pictures of your kitchen. When I saw your exterior pix, first thought was: ok you win!

Then I saw lynneinnewmexicos (new winner, ding ding ding).

Being silly, it's so not a case of winning or losing, just lovely and satisfying to see a well loved home in a good location. Thanks all!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I think we are all listing junkies, no? I love the variety of houses here. From MCM to craftsman to horse properties and mediterranean. I also like seeing the homes of people I "know", from a different angle or a different view. Remember when they made fun of, was it McCain, for not knowing how many homes he had? If I had the beer fortune he has, I would buy homes every week. Any location, any style, any price point, I can find a home I love!

Most of you have seen my current home in CT before, but this is my favorite shot of it. It is take in our backyard from across our pond. In our backyard, you see nothing but green for 360 degrees, and have the illusion, as our landscaper once said, of owning 1,000 aces (instead of 9!).

{{!gwi}}

I think I have also posted our lakehouse in NY state

And I think I may have posted our old house, too, in Northern NJ. This was our first house; we were married on the verandah and brought home all three babies from the hospital to this house. We had just put in 63 architecturally correct windows in this 1902 home when we fell in love with our CT house on a whim back in 2009! I didn't think we would ever want to sell it --- just goes to show you, be careful when you peruse listings if you are prone to house love.

Meanwhile, we have been bidding back and forth for about 5 days now on a beach house, and I am dying to post it but too superstitious! On pins and needles...

• nhb22
    10 years ago

mtnrdredux - It would have been hard to leave that first house. I love it! Do you know if there were originally Palladium windows over the lower fronts?

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Wow mtnrd...with homes like that, it's easy to fall in love!

We did a "peer through the window" at the little wreck of a home on the knoll and decided it was too much of a wreck to get to fix up, esp at that price, and esp since the knoll is all rock ledge so very little opportunity to even add a desperately needed garage. But it will make a sweet space for someone....

• palimpsest
    10 years ago

Newhomebuilder,

No, the windows would not have been Palladian, the stilted arches filled with brick above the lower windows is a typical Adam style detail.

Often, though, it was done on the second floor, because the houses were set up with a piano nobile, or bel etage--the main formal rooms up a level from the street. This is the Russell House in Charleston

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Pal is correct, of course!

Newhome, We had a history done on our NJ house. It was built by the same firm that did Saks in NYC, among other notables. We were so excited when the historian found some blueprints in the UT Austin library. We got them, rolled them out , and, in nearly 100 years, nothing had changed! No additions, no walls taken down or put up. The only change was a hall bath that became a captive bath! For an older home, it had wonderful flow even 100 years later; a testament to the architect, IMHO.

Annie, aww, too bad, I would love to see you apply your skills once again.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Pal is correct, of course!

Newhome, We had a history done on our NJ house. It was built by the same firm that did Saks in NYC, among other notables. We were so excited when the historian found some blueprints in the UT Austin library. We got them, rolled them out , and, in nearly 100 years, nothing had changed! No additions, no walls taken down or put up. The only change was a hall bath that became a captive bath! For an older home, it had wonderful flow even 100 years later; a testament to the architect, IMHO.

Annie, aww, too bad, I would love to see you apply your skills once again.

• nini804
    10 years ago

Here is ours, in a rare snow last winter! It hasn't snowed much here lately, and dd is trying to cobble together a snowman! We are pitiful here in the south. :) Our house is a new (well, 2 years old now) custom build in a neighborhood of 1/2 to 1 AC lots.

• golddust
    10 years ago

This is our 1912 Craftsman. Love this thread!

• powermuffin
    10 years ago

Here is our 1908 cottage in Old Town Longmont, Colorado. We downsized after the last kid moved out and love this house and the neighborhood. It has a two-story addition on the back which is really hard to see in this picture, so not as small as it appears from the front. Just the right size for us, with room to party with the whole family!

Diane

• nhb22
    10 years ago

Thank you for the history lesson.

nini804 - Your house reminds me of this house that I have been bugging DH to buy. He says that he can't do steps much longer and there is no downstairs bedroom.

Here is a link that might be useful: White House

• mary_lu_gw
    10 years ago

Our home. It was originally a school house, built in 1868. We love it. Don't have a more recent picture on this computer. At the time this was taken we were painting the porch floors, and I have signs hanging to say "Keep Off".

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

This is a low resolution aerial photo of the back of the house taken for the RE brochure that was printed when we bought the house. The front of the house is somewhat hidden from the street by a privet hedge. The style is sort of typical Contemporary Californian no-style with hints of Mediterranean and Modernist.
    {{!gwi}}

• nini804
    10 years ago

Newhomebuilder...I love that house you posted! Such a lovely setting.

• bonnieann925
    10 years ago

Such a variety here! Fun thread!

Our home sweet home in MA:

Our Cape Cod house:

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

This is almost like 'meeting' all of you..so much fun to see where you live and the beautiful homes! We were building 17 years ago. Seems like just a few years ago. We have done most of the landscaping but I did hire some re-do last fall. Don't really have a great pic of the overall front because its hard to capture due to trees and I am not at home.

Can't upload but one at a time from my iPad.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Front porch.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Front porch.

{{!gwi}}

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

I forgot to say, we're in the country outside of Huntsville, AL on 9 acres. About half wooded, but we had to cut a lot of old growth pines to build the house so we basically started with a lot of red dirt.

This is the back with a small fish pond.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Fun, is that like, an enormous skylight on the roof to the far right? Very intriguing!

MaryLu, so cool! can we see the inside? Was that windowed turret added?

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

Fun, is that like, an enormous skylight on the roof to the far right? Very intriguing!

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

• pamghatten
    10 years ago

So great seeing everyone's home ... here's my home in rural WNY, 30 minutes from Buffalo, NY.

• pamghatten
    10 years ago

My purple barn ....

• pamghatten
    10 years ago

And the view of the back pasture, from my deck behind the house ...

• Fun2BHere
    10 years ago

Pamghatten, the colors in your pictures are stunning!

Mtnrdredux, that is a skylight and I hate it. It's over the middle of the kitchen and adds about 100 degrees of heat to the room. I've been exploring options to add a motorized solar shade that would filter out some of the sunlight during the hottest parts of the day. I can't put in a reflective shade because the build-up of heat could blow out the glass. I love your new beach house, BTW...gorgeous!!!

• mary_lu_gw
    10 years ago

mtnrdredux, yes we believe the bay window was added in the late 1800's when the school was converted to a private residence. We are in the process right now of restoring the windows in the bay as they are original to the house. I do not have any recent pictures of the inside of the house on this computer. Will look and see if I have any on Photobucket.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Pamghatten, love your purple quilt barn! I spent part of a vacation looking for and photographing Kentucky quilt barns a few years back. Love them. And your gardens too!