|Two things I'd appreciate input on....
1) Hall lighting - I currently have two "boob" lights in the back hall (red dots on the drawing), but the hallway is too dark. A sun tunnel is not an option. I'd like to switch the current lights out to recessed/can lights and add a few more down the hall. But if I can lights in line with the one by the garage door it will be centered over the open stair rail, not over the hallway walking path or stairway. Where would you put them?
2) We plan to remove the jacuzzi tub and probably put it a walk-in shower in it's place. Any suggestions on how we could utilize the current shower space or incorporate it into the half bath to make it a little larger?
|You could easily put up a new wall that would further enclose the toilet area of the MB and square off the present shower space. It would give you enough room in the half bath to put in a full size tub, if you needed it. Then put in a walk in shower where the MB tub is now.|
|I've been playing around with two versions. This first variation keeps the shower where the current jacuzzi is and then adds the existing shower space to the powder room.|
|This second variation actually makes the master bath smaller but adds a small 2nd room that could serve as a bedroom for grandkids if ever needed. Right now we only have the one bedroom on the main floor. I could put my piano in it and make it into a small music room.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here