Sat, Aug 25, 12 at 13:58
|Two things I'd appreciate input on....
1) Hall lighting - I currently have two "boob" lights in the back hall (red dots on the drawing), but the hallway is too dark. A sun tunnel is not an option. I'd like to switch the current lights out to recessed/can lights and add a few more down the hall. But if I can lights in line with the one by the garage door it will be centered over the open stair rail, not over the hallway walking path or stairway. Where would you put them?
2) We plan to remove the jacuzzi tub and probably put it a walk-in shower in it's place. Any suggestions on how we could utilize the current shower space or incorporate it into the half bath to make it a little larger?
|You could easily put up a new wall that would further enclose the toilet area of the MB and square off the present shower space. It would give you enough room in the half bath to put in a full size tub, if you needed it. Then put in a walk in shower where the MB tub is now.|
|I've been playing around with two versions. This first variation keeps the shower where the current jacuzzi is and then adds the existing shower space to the powder room.|
|This second variation actually makes the master bath smaller but adds a small 2nd room that could serve as a bedroom for grandkids if ever needed. Right now we only have the one bedroom on the main floor. I could put my piano in it and make it into a small music room.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.