Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicgal_gw

Roman Shades

musicgal
9 years ago

Does anyone have any pictures of their pretty Roman shades they would like to share? I am in the window covering stage right now, and need some inspiration. Thanks.

Comments (15)

• kitschykitch
    9 years ago

Just do a Google image search and you will find plenty.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

You can go to houzz.com and search on roman shades and you'll find a ton of very lovely rooms.

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am interested in seeing GWers projects. Thanks.

• localeater
    9 years ago

I have new roman shades being delivered within the next two weeks. I cant wait. Soft Fabric for the den and natural woven for my bedroom. I will try to remember to post pictures when they come in

• greenhavenrdgarden
    9 years ago

I wish I had them to post for you. I'm at the same stage also. I ripped out all my dated treatments and I'm overwhelmed with all the choices there are and unlimited possibilities.
    What I did narrow down though (after checking out my local Home Depot and lowes) is that I really like the cordless shades. They are much easier to use than I thought they would be. So I think I'm going with levelor natural shades. But even the choices in that are so many. I'm waiting for samples now. I saw them in the store but I need to see them in the rooms at my house.
    Good luck with your search and if you do find the perfect shade come back and post. I spend so much time reading old threads. I love when the poster puts pics of the finished product.

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks localeater and GreenHavenGarden- I would love to see what you decide upon. I am leaning towards using someone on Etsey to make a custom shade from material I provide. Just to try one window rather than go with what I am seeing ready made from Bali and Levelor.

• theclose
    9 years ago

Here is a link to a previous discussion:
    http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/decor/msg0509021229330.html

There are many more threads. Mine are posted in the above thread. Had line custom made at a local shop. I would caution you with Etsy, unless you are familiar with the quality of the seller's work. I've had many hiccups with Etsy sellers. Anyway, love my Romans. Was able to choose fabric or use my own. Professionally installed so didn't have to worry about that. Would have like to do relaxed Romans but it was much more expensive.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Here are roman shades in our family room on the french doors leading out to the covered porch. The fabric is actually rather sheer but lined. Sorry the colors don't show up in the lousy iphone photo, but there is some variation of golds to creams in the stripe. They were custom made.

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Here you go musicgal. I have NOT had time (or energy!!) to steam these out yet, but we did get them hung. I had 2 different local seamstresses make them from my fabric.
    Master side windows:

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Back doors (3):

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Kitchen window-def needs steaming!

• theclose
    9 years ago

Jackson, I don't think I can love your Chiang Mai romans any more than I already do!! Just gorgeous and adds such vibrancy to your space!

• jackson2348
    9 years ago

Mamorella, thanks, ME TOO!!!! I've had a memo sample of that fabric for about 4 years waiting to use it. It makes me smile!

• theclose
    9 years ago

That's the best, isn't it? Your decor choices making you smile. Love it.

• musicgal
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow outsideplying and jackson- simply soft and beautful.
    Mamorella- thank you for the link. I generally do well with Etsey vendors but understand that one takes a chance with them. I plan to use her for one small shade and see what happens. I like the idea of supporting female entrepeneurs- my daughter actually has produced custom leatherwork for sale on Etsey.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida