Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Post the gorgeous, goofy, and ghastly CL items here! Part deux

My3dogs ME zone 5A
10 years ago

Anele, you are DARN right I'd love that Grande Finale of the FIRST chapter of 'Post the gorgeous, goofy, and ghastly CL items here!' Vintage Swedish pine dresser with dovetail drawers. Where and how much? :-)

Who wants to make a Labor Day weekend trip to Maine for some free wood, as found on my CL today? Maybe if you're crafty, build your own 'armua' or faux Swedish Dresser.
Lots of dry wood

And I guess the BEAUTIFUL DOCTORS EXAM TABLE in part one could go either way, but I see it as having great possibilities as a kitchen island or bar. What a way to get the party started, by telling people what it was!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to Part One of Post the gorgeous, goofy, and ghastly CL items here!

Comments (131)

• jrueter
    10 years ago

A really cute posting for a chalkboard dresser! It caught my attention right away!!

Here is a link that might be useful: chalkboard dresser listing

• Olychick
    10 years ago

jreuter, that's hilarious!

I liked this ad...too much $ for the table I think, but someone may want it at that price
    " Stornas table and some kinda chairs for being fancy hosts - $350 (Bothell)

So my almost ex-husband and I bought this table from Ikea thinking "ooh la la, lookit us, we're going to have fancy dinner parties and fancy cocktail parties and fancy brunches ooh la la so fancy" when in reality all we did was use it as a surface upon which to store junk mail, used coffee cups, and other completely un-fancy evidence that we are, in fact, super boring. Could you use it as it was meant to be used? $350 for the table itself (seriously, it's pretty much unused) and, oh, I dunno, $30 a chair? I have 2 others somewhere in the house, probably being used to store magazines or important papers that really should be filed like last month. Let me know how many you want and I'll do math."

Here is a link that might be useful: picture of table

• annac54
    10 years ago

Think something's missing here....... "Excellent condition" if you didn't want the doors on the top ; )

I also saw a desk that I donated a couple of years ago for sale for $350.00!!! I know it's the one because I changed out the pulls on the drawers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dresser

• Sandy1963
    10 years ago

If you're going to try to sell your things, at least clean them up!

Oh, and get OUT of the picture!

Shaking my head, and laughing at this listing...

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Set

• bpath
    10 years ago

At least the table has a protective cover on it. Wish I could say the same of the occupant of the chair...eww.

• alex9179
    10 years ago

Olychick, that was hilarious! I was expecting something ENTIRELY different since "fancy" was used so often.

Ooh, la, la~ My family must be sooo fancy for eating at a TABLE every day.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Now, this is one of a kind, so I expect there will be a battle over who will get it to grace their landscape.

Steel Art Sculpture of Nude Woman & Lawn Roller - $475 (Arundel, Maine)
    "This is a life size sculpture of a woman, and an antique heavy duty landscape roller, that can be filled with water to add weight when compacting dirt, sand or whatever. The two components are not attached to each other and therefore can be moved individually."

• alex9179
    10 years ago

OH NO! She looks ready for an exam!

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Removing dupe!

This post was edited by my3dogs on Sat, Sep 21, 13 at 14:24

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I just had lunch, and this ad makes me wish I hadn't then checked CL.

'GREAT DEAL, MUST GO - $500 (LEWISTON/AUBURN)'
    "Ashley brown suede couch and love seat with 2 brown throw pillows PD 1700, asking 500 for both. Need gone asap where have new furniture coming in. There is a couple marks/stains on one cushion, but can come out with proper steam cleaning. "

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

I'm not buying if I can't have the flowers.

=============================================
    Garden metal arch arbor with sitting bench - $50 (argyle)
    perfect setting for your garden/yard can be decorated with real climbing vines ,rose bushes ,or artificial plants/flowers
    or lights
    28"wide x72"high x15"deep
    i will not take less. The price is $50.00 FIRM
    DOES NOT COME WITH THE FLOWERS
    topsy turvy stand $10.00
    call or text xxx-xxxx
    please do not e-mail
    =============================================

(Also noticed, if you look at the other photos, that the bench is not really part of the arbor/trellis. It's just stuck in there.)

Here is a link that might be useful: Garden metal arch arbor with sitting bench - $50 (argyle)

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

I will take the barn doors and hardware on the concrete block building. Who the heck would think that could even be moved.

Sandy, thanks for your link. I looked up my area and now know where the better items are for sale. My CL is made up of RTA furniture and anything one would just give away. We have an Army base here, which I think is the reason there isn't much of value. A lot of moving going on from the base. Plus most of the ads are commercial.

The last couch makes me ill.

• donnagwd
    10 years ago

Custom 25 ft couch, can be unzipped into 25 sections and reconfigured.

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom 25 ft couch

• justgotabme
    10 years ago

I don't know if that is the neatest or the ugliest sofa I've ever seen. Maybe Neatugly. It would be awesome for a theater room though, wouldn't it? You just need a very long ottoman to go with it and shape it in a large V shape. Or maybe two smaller arches with one behind the other set up one step from the one in front. Ha ha ha. I'm only half joking here.

• donnagwd
    10 years ago

It's like a train wreck - I can't stop looking at it myself!

• Spottythecat
    10 years ago

OMG....just found this tread and I am about to wet my pants! Such great laughs! OMG this furniture (finger couches) are so funny!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Pam

• always1stepbehind
    10 years ago

This is really gross, but it was listed on our local CL. I am sure it is a joke, but still.

• kiki_thinking
    10 years ago

@ justgottabeme
    Didnt see your post until now. I Covet the Lane acclaim desk!

And here's my $20 craigslist find, brass tray and stand. I was surprised to see that it was made in germany.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    10 years ago

kiki_thinking, how long did it take to teach your cat to say grace? ;)

Even at this price, I don't think I want to sleep in a 'slay' bed:

King size slay bed - $50
    {{!gwi}}

(Does that look like someone's boxer shorts on the floor?!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Ad

• weedyacres
    10 years ago

Does this pose make you want to buy this dresser?

{{!gwi}}

It's "only" $200. Extra leg not included.

• carsonheim
    9 years ago

does all the stuff come with the dresser??

• carsonheim
    9 years ago

{{!gwi}}

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

If you're in the market for an antique dragon fountain, there are three available at 250.00 each.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: antique dragon fountain

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Sat, Aug 2, 14 at 16:26

• duluthinbloomz4
    9 years ago

Must be the significant other (in the mirror) photographing
    that hoard.

People can indeed be clueless.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Reviving because I really want this and cant' figure out where I could put it :)

do you think it would work to keep a DVD player on under a flat screen? then could be extra toy storage in my family room????

I wonder if it is old or made to look old. It is not as wide as my flat screen so that might be a dumb idea :(

• Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 4b
    9 years ago

You can put that in my house!! How much are they asking? Probably a good thing it's not on my craigslist. I've already paid their light bill this month.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

oh sorry I forgot to put that. They are asking $595. Seems a bit high no?

but I LOVE it for some reason. My TV is 52 inches wide and this, not sure what it is but it is 47 inches wide. the wall that the TV is on now is 56 inches wide.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

I still want that piece. they have not lowered the price yet though.

anyone in NJ area looking for pieces to redo? these people can't seem to get rid of these Harden pieces. I am tempted by the blue chair and ottoman, but it is not too close and I would like a pair that are smaller.

Here is a link that might be useful: harden sofa, chair, sectional.

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

The piece would make a great island for the kitchen. But the price would put me off, unless it is a specified antique of known origins. And, I really like it too and would love to know what you find out about it.

But...not for your TV situation. Try looking for the possibility of built ins to soften the huge amount of space it is taking. I have a 55 on one wall and it has driven me crazy to figure something out to make it go away. All the electronics are behind the wall in a closet which does help, no wires seen. I know there are a lot of ideas for doors to close up and hide it, but that isn't going to happen.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Glad to see this resurrected, as I just found a 6 foot leather giraffe on the Maine CL! Someone must need one of these.

Boop, that cabinet you show looks to be the real deal as far as being antique. I'd be wanting it, too, if it was in 'my' CL, but where to put it?

Here is a link that might be useful: 6' Leather Giraffe - $350

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Well dang My3dogs, throw in the monkey next to it and you'd have a zoo!

• pattyxlynn
    9 years ago

Had to join in the fun and found this "One of a kind "beached whale" couch" in Palm Coast, Florida. Paid 10K and sacrificing for 5K. Sorry, but you got taken!

Here is a link that might be useful: Beached Whale Couch

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

For the love of all things, I cannot figure this out. Not funny enough to be a joke.

This table was selling for $3K. Now lowered. No description. ON CONCRETE.

Here is a link that might be useful: wine table

9 years ago

That brings to mind the eBay add I've seen for a couple of years. The screen name changes but the "merchandise" remains the same. Selling used socks? Be sure to read the feed back.
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=christysrene&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld=true&rt=nc

Here is a link that might be useful: Pre Owned Socks

• Olychick
    9 years ago

Anele, maybe the K is a typo? Or they don't know what K stands for, might be more like it!

edited: oops, I didn't see they actually had a 4 digit price in the ad. Maybe they'll eventually lower it to $25 so someone can say they got a $4K table for $25!

This post was edited by olychick on Sat, Oct 25, 14 at 0:34

9 years ago

It's going down in price! Stay tuned!
    Wine table - $2345 (yorkville)

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    9 years ago

I've read about this. "Pre-owned" appeals to some people for their 'enjoyment'. Yesterday, I read an article about a woman selling pre-owned undies. She's making a killing.

Linda

• bpath
    9 years ago

Well, I don't know about that, whitelacey, the sock ad says "This is not an adult item and is not a fetish item." :) Also says they'll be washed to CL standards. Whew.

• PRO
    Whitelacey
    9 years ago

I think that there is some behind the scenes bargaining going on.

Creepy however you look at it.

Linda

• emmarene9
    9 years ago

I feel traumatized from seeing that beached whale sofa. It is beyond ugly, it frightened me.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

lol that sofa was bad, and I do not understand the wine table. the cabinet I wanted went down in price, but only $20.

I wish I needed a Dr set. I happen to like this set and the prices seems so good compared to the stuff you usually see for $600.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Century DR set.

• 4boys2
    9 years ago

bpathome- Ebay made them list that way due to the fetish aspect.
    Check the sellers circle of "friends". All girls selling socks .

"I was thinking of doing the same thing -
    then I got cold feet "

• nhb22
    9 years ago

Sowing...where's the plow?

Here is a link that might be useful: Desk

9 years ago

Too many wonderful things at Kingsport!

Here is a link that might be useful: mirrow - $60 (kingsport)

• LucyStar1
    9 years ago

Home made suitcase table.

Here is a link that might be useful: Suitcase Table

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

Henredon love seat with cane sides and back, in Baltimore

Compare to one linked from Houzz for 1900.00

Vintage Henredon cane sofa

[Transitional Sofas[(https://www.houzz.com/products/transitional-sofas-prbr1-br~t_524~s_2112) by San Francisco Furniture & Accessories Chairish

Here is a link that might be useful: Henredon loveseat

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

What's up with this chair? Only 35.00 and "Super comfortable"

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

Gives new meaning to the phrase "overstuffed chair" doesn't it?

• nosoccermom
    9 years ago

It looks like it could eat you.

• finallyhome
    9 years ago

Baby got back!