Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with paint color

Posted by jill7795 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 31, 14 at 13:39

I need some help choosing a paint color for my kitchen. The cabinets and floor are both a very warm, almost orange tone wood. The countertop is Formica (off white with tan gray specks). The color for the kitchen also needs to work in the attached family room. It is really one big open room. I can't really afford to change the cabinets, even though I would love to.

Any suggestions are welcome and please excuse the cluttered countertops. 😊

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with paint color

Kitchen a blue like the cap on that plastic bottle of something on your island (BM New York State of Mind?). A deep blue will make your cabs look great.

For the family room, Sherwin williams Blonde. Will go great and segue beautifully with the blue in your kitchen.

o

Thank you! I may go get a pint of that. I actually have to have the same color in both rooms, but googled navy blue living room pictures and I'm hooked!!

o

Yes to blue! There's not a lot of wall space, it seems, so kitchen and FR all in navy or a darker blue.

o

Here are some options for you. I used SW color visualizer...that's why it's messy, but it will give you an idea. All colors used are SW

Dockside blue

o

Cajun red

o

Gallery Green

o

Roycroft Copper Red

o

Blue Peacock

o

We used BM Nimbus Gray in the kitchen at our last house. Got lots of compliments on it. The lighting in the photos make the cabinets look "orangey", but they were more like the color of yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here