Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amck2

Night stands for Guest Bedroom

amck2
9 years ago

We had new golden oak floors installed in the bedrooms and I am refitting the guest room. It had been DD's & had a metal frame bed w/ sheers around it that we affectionately called the Princess Bed. GDD's loved it, but it's time to move on to a room more appropriate for guests of all ages.

I bought a new headboard/footboard and matching dresser stained very dark walnut. Simple clean style - curved head & footboard w/ curved inset panels .

I've ordered 2 traditional swing arm lamps to be hardwired over the nightstands. They have white fabric shades and the fixtures are ORB.

I 've ordered a Land's End cotton quilt (actually got 2, because it's a discontinued print & I'l make shams w/ the second one) in a mustard & mint print. It's reversible & I plan to use it on the side that features the small print.

I would never have sought out that color combo, but it called to me when I came across it. The print is sophisticated enough for an adult room, but the colors are cheery enough that it wouldn't seem like a dour room for the grands to sleep in

So, I need help w/ night stands. All our collected small wood tables have been repurposed for use @ our lakehouse. I am certain I don't want the nightstands that would be a match to the bed & dresser.

Don't think I want to introduce another wood tone w/ the oak floors & walnut pieces. So I think painted. But both the same? Different styles and each a different color?

The room is BM White Chocolate w/ Simply White trim.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath