Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Night stands for Guest Bedroom

Posted by amck (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 18, 14 at 13:11

We had new golden oak floors installed in the bedrooms and I am refitting the guest room. It had been DD's & had a metal frame bed w/ sheers around it that we affectionately called the Princess Bed. GDD's loved it, but it's time to move on to a room more appropriate for guests of all ages.

I bought a new headboard/footboard and matching dresser stained very dark walnut. Simple clean style - curved head & footboard w/ curved inset panels .

I've ordered 2 traditional swing arm lamps to be hardwired over the nightstands. They have white fabric shades and the fixtures are ORB.

I 've ordered a Land's End cotton quilt (actually got 2, because it's a discontinued print & I'l make shams w/ the second one) in a mustard & mint print. It's reversible & I plan to use it on the side that features the small print.

I would never have sought out that color combo, but it called to me when I came across it. The print is sophisticated enough for an adult room, but the colors are cheery enough that it wouldn't seem like a dour room for the grands to sleep in

So, I need help w/ night stands. All our collected small wood tables have been repurposed for use @ our lakehouse. I am certain I don't want the nightstands that would be a match to the bed & dresser.

Don't think I want to introduce another wood tone w/ the oak floors & walnut pieces. So I think painted. But both the same? Different styles and each a different color?

The room is BM White Chocolate w/ Simply White trim.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Night stands for Guest Bedroom

Pictures of the room would help :)

o

Yes, pictures :-)

o

We moved out and turned our home over to the floor guys and painters these past two weeks which is why I haven't responded to the request for pictures.

I traveled back yesterday to check in and I am so pleased with the floors! But there is nothing much yet to photograph - an empty square room with 2 large windows being painted white on white;)

This summer has been a time of "hurry up, then wait" with the home remodel, and I was hoping I could hunt down some night stands during this down time. I'm really not sure of what styles and colors would be best.

The ideal would be to just keep an eye open until I came upon the right ones. But we'll have guests staying in that room for 2 wks. in November, so I need to find something sooner than later.

This post was edited by amck on Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 18:52

o

Can you post pictures of the furniture, lamps and bedding from the stores/catalogs/online sites where you purchased?

o

i vote for painted to and i think i'd just go shopping and buy the first two i really really liked regardless of whether or not they were exactly alike or not.....

o

Personally I would do painted in the same color whether they are identical or not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here