Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
batrat_gw

Master bedroom paint help

batrat
9 years ago

Hi, I'm a frequent lurker but first time poster. I'm stuck choosing a paint color to match this duvet for the master bedroom. I'm looking for a warm blue that skews gray rather than green. Master bath is SW Rainwashed. The rug will be beige and the floors and furniture are orange-toned wood. Trim and ceilings are white. I am considering SW Quietude but am worried it's too green for the bedding. My husband doesn't want the room to be too "cold" in the winter. Thanks for any help!

Comments (15)

• mdln
    9 years ago

This is from the Sherwin Williams app. Behr & Glidden also have one. Probably other paint co as well.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Van Courtland Blue!

Lol.

I think something along the lines of a teal would be nice with that pattern.

Ben Moore has a wonderful collection of colors, the Williamsburg Collection. In one window on your computer, put up the pick of your fabric. Open another window and pull up the Williamsburg palette. I just did this, and these colors look great next to your fabric:

Galt Blue

Mayo Teal

Williamsburgy Wyth Blue

• rgps
    9 years ago

Great duvet cover, right up my alley. I'd love it with SW Moody Blue. How can you pass with a great name like that. Also I think it would go with your Rainwashed quite nicely.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

So that your room is not overwhelmed by blue, always go with a blue that tends to have some gray in it. It is softer and more soothing. JMHO. So start with gray and go toward blue.

• louislinus
    9 years ago

Ha! At my old house I had Rainwashed in the bedroom and Quietude in the bath. Love both of those colors.

• akl_vdb
    9 years ago

I have BM nighttrain in my room, and it's beautiful and warm. Velvety blue/grey.

Here is a link that might be useful: nighttrain

• batrat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks for the ideas. I'm wondering if a color other than blue would be better with this colorful and busy duvet. Any suggestions?

• patricianat
    9 years ago

If it were mine, I would go for the salmon/coral looking color. But I'm a high activity person who likes noisy color, laughter and lovely music all together to bring about spontaneous happy.....but for the more subdued and a little less warm than coral but definitely not as cold as blue, I suggest BM Mojave Desert.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/mohavedesert

There is a blue and some lovely other colors of which you could find pillows to raise or lower the temperature.

This post was edited by patricia43 on Fri, Aug 8, 14 at 15:46

• rgps
    9 years ago

Oooohhhh, if it doesn't have to be blue I'd love ravishing coral or romain both SW colors. Both iffy with Rainwashed but I am also a little wild and crazy. Things being matchypoo is not my thing. These would not be Martha Stewart approved.

• batrat
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Because there's so much orange in the room already with the floors and furniture, I hesitate to go coral (which was my first idea). Would BM gossamer blue go with the bedding?

• sis2two
    9 years ago

I think I would go with a pretty creamy beige maybe with a tad of peach undertone for warmth and to pick up on the orangey color in the duvet. Otherwise it could be too much blue. Pretty duvet by the way!

• sis2two
    9 years ago

Maybe Blond Wood by Benjamin Moore.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

SW tranquil aqua
    {{!gwi}}

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Is green really out, because with beige carpeting, that duvet, and orange-toned wood, a sage would be beautiful, and warm like autumn colors. MB Soft Fern. Antohe rooster is painting her br in that color, and her room has the same colors as yours. she emailed me the other day to say she is LOVING the soft fern.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Benjamin Moore Hawthorne Yellow?