Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanga_gw

Everlasting or Stone House paint from BM

nanga
9 years ago

I really struggled to find a paint that coordinated with my beige-tone backslash and warmer colored Bradshaw Cambria quartz countertop. BM Stone house (1039) at a 50% tint seems to work nicely without being too dark. I just saw that everlasting is one place up on the color strip and looks to be a bit lighter and am thinking about getting a sample to try of this also. I know that the coloring is a bit different as the wonderful person at ACE hardware showed me the formula's for both and mentioned that the everlasting could go a bit pink. anyone have any experience? also is there any downside to using a 50% formula rather than the full tint. Thanks much

Comments (7)

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

I have both in my house. Love them both. I don't see pink but that's just my experience. Actually I have Everlasting in my foyer/stairway in my regular house, and in a bedroom in my beach cottage, and I don't see pink in either instance.

To me, the only potential drawback to the 50% thing is that if you have to get paint remixed for touchups later, I always wonder if it will be exactly right. Maybe unfounded concern, but I know someone whose painter said it could be a problem.

I can't find a newer/better pic of my Everlasting, but here's a bit of the wall in a photo of my old stair runner that we just replaced a few months ago.

• Boopadaboo
    9 years ago

Just one thing to note. BM paint strips (and maybe all of them, I have no idea) dont' make sense. You can search for funcolors on this forum and see what I am talking about. I was looking for an offwhite. and Navajo white was too dark. But I found Navajo White on 2-3 paint strips. I dont think going up one or down one on a strip means you will get what you are looking for. It might. But not a guarantee if that helps!

Picking paint is a mindboggling experience if you ask me. I just went through 25 samples to get the right color!

• nanga
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sueb20 - I think I will get a sample of the everlasting to try too. I had that same concern about being able to match up the color later too. Thanks for including the picture.

boopadaboo - can't imagine 25, this painting is enough to make us crazy. I just know that I'll be looking at this for the next 10-15 years. There's a whole science behind the colors which is interesting.

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Boop, I noticed that re: BM!

I am not sure about BM's online tool, but with SW, you can use the Color Visualizer to go darker/lighter and it names the color for you. Gives you same option for going in "steps" like more yellow, more red, etc. I bet BM is the same, but it's been awhile since I used it. I think this is more helpful than strips because it pulls from all collections.

• susanlynn2012
    9 years ago

Sueb20, I love your steps! I also love the B Everlasting paint color on the wall! I must try that color.

• nanga
    Original Author
    9 years ago

anele -I tried the SW and BM visualizer tools before and the colormatch systems, but didn't have much luck with what I downloaded and gave up too easily. I also didn't read the instructions closely enough to see that you could fine tune it that specifically, Thanks for pointing that ou. Think I'll play around with it a bit more and try to get some better pictures.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH