Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sushipup1

SF real estate, least $ homes in hot areas

sushipup1
9 years ago

Here are pictures of three homes in hot real estate neighborhoods in San Francisco. The least expensive homes.

Imagine what a million dollars can buy!

Here is a link that might be useful: Least expensive homes in SF

Comments (6)

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Depressing, seriously.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

It's sad to consider the Bernal Heights home is pretty much across the street from a major freeway, with no sound wall. And that these may all go over the asking price (overbidding is common unless the property is derelict)

I saw a stat recently that said the City's average 1BR apartment rent was now $3120.

• DLM2000-GW
    9 years ago

"....with only 510 square feet that breaks down to a higher-than-average $1,667 per square foot."

Is it any wonder we have a generation (millennials) or certainly a significant number of them who eschew the prescribed lifestyle of work your a$$ off to buy a house you can't afford so you are obligated to keep a job that you hate but pays you just enough to afford most of the lifestyle you are supposed to be striving for but in reality it's not fulfilling because you rarely have time to enjoy it due to the obligations of your job or the gawd awful commute that gets you to the house you can barely afford and are too stressed to enjoy when you do get there?

For a long time I was depressed thinking about how hard it will be for my sons to achieve even half of what i always assumed would they would have in life. And then, they woke me up to the reality that they have no desire to fall down that rabbit hole and are carving out real lives for themselves, not just existing to perpetuate a myth.

• peony4
    9 years ago

Oh, I bet traditional furniture is waning in these areas (reference separate discussion thread).

The last image of the Portero Hill home brought to mind Maude's railroad car in the movie "Harold and Maude."

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I actually liked the little Portrero cabin until I saw this picture. Heaven help you if a car ever hit that utility pole.

• Gooster
    9 years ago

The 510 square foot home, I suspect, will be renovated in a "remodel" to a much larger home.

@peony: yes, there are a lot of pricey homes with furniture that might not be up to level of quality of what people might expect (and I'm speaking after they've been renovated). Part of it is being house poor, part of it is different priorities. Some people will drop $400 per person on a dinner out but won't spend that much on a dining chair. Perhaps that is why professional staging is not uncommon.