Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ideas for black paint colors for exteriors?

Posted by Kiwigem (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 11:41

Hi! We are building a rustic modern home. The siding is mainly varied-width vertical cedar, but we have some board and batten, creating a color-blocked effect. I'm inspired by the northern european black cottages I've been seeing, and thinking I'd like to paint the board and batten black. Anyone have any suggestions for a black that doesn't look halloween-ish and would blend nicely with a natural landscape?
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ideas for black paint colors for exteriors?

Here's a link to a wonderful blog -- the owner (and a great designer) painted the modern exterior in black -- add a aged steel accent wall (in front of their bedroom) and new gardens .....

Here is a link that might be useful: Lauren Liess -- Pure Style home blog -- black house

o

Teacats- I love that wall!

o

We used a black by Sherwin Williams called Inkwell, for a front door on a brick home. It had some green in it, which youd probably want. In fact you may want a very very dark green that reads as black.

o

What I wish I could find is that Swedish paint- falu rodfarg in black- but I don't think they sell it in the states.

o

What is that beautiful black someone was considering on another thread a few months ago? It was Farrow & Ball. I'm going to go look for the name. I'll play some Muzak for you while I'm Googing it.

I'm back! It's Farrow and Ball Railings.

o

Here's a pin board of inspiration photos of modern exteriors -- painted black .....

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinterest -- black exteriors modern

o

The Farrow and Ball color is gorgeous. Wonder if I could have it color matched? It's wicked expensive!

o

Sooo much yumminess on that Pinterest, board, teacats! Funny they are almost all in other countries. They need to send me some paint! LOL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here