Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ttodd

When My Men Decorate...............

ttodd
11 years ago

I'm getting closer to laughing - sort of chuckling now.

DS1 (almost 9) got a guinea pig on Friday night at the 4H Fair. This is something that he's saved for and researched in preperation for a few months now. I scoured our basement looking for a table to put the future GP's cage on and suggested my old laundry table. It was an old square country table w/ storage underneath and a door to hide away the supplies clutter. It had a great old white enamel top.

Told DS he could spraypaint the base as long as it was a color that fit into his red, white and blue bedroom. No big deal because I knew he'd head straight for a blue and since it was his choice I would be fine w/ whatever he choose. He picked a glossy navy blue.

DH had taken the table to work to shore it up and DS went to work w/ Daddy Saturday morning to paint his table.

When I showed up at the shop DS was soooooo excited to show me his table. DH was sooooooooo excited to show me the table. They showed me the table and I almost passed out.

The thing that they were most excited to show me were the top & hardware that they spray painted a fancy metallic gold to go along w/ the navy blue base.

I about had a conniption when I pulled DH aside wondering WTH he was thinking! It is so gaudy looking (to me). I mean the paint job is professional and all, but..... DH kept saying 'I can strip it off! I can strip it off!'. 'Yeah - try telling that to the 9yr old glowingly admiring his masterpiece over there' I said. 'No - it has to stay as is now! You can't take that away from him!'

DS was so proud though so I have to bite my tongue and grin and bear it (and I will). I'll figure out a way to make it work, or not, but it will stay as is.

I send 1 can of spraypaint, 1 table, 2 men and somehow they still managed to find gold paint!

What thing have you tasked somebody eles to do w/ a seemingly fool proof plan that left you scratching your head and trying to learn to smile?

Comments (9)