Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natesgram_gw

Hiding TV wires - what worked for me (pics)

natesgram
12 years ago

I've seen several threads lately mentioning the need to hide tv wires so thought I'd share what we did. We relocated last year to an apartment so we were unable to cut into the wall. We installed a tv wall bracket (I wish we had purchaed the one you can tilt left to right instead of just up or down), then removed the tv stand, installed the tv on the bracket. purchased the tv wire cover (see link) and painted it the wall color. I can obviously see the channel but it blends and after a while you don't see it at all. It's another option, just wanted to share. Now if I could just get the black box to disappear.

The previous cluttered look

Bracket installed

Hope this helps.

Here is a link that might be useful: The cover we used

Comments (10)

• roarah
    12 years ago

That looks so clean!!! Love it...When will they come out with romote receivers. my goodness the pc, phones, and readers are all wireless why not cable tvs? I think bluetooth tch should cover tvs too:)

• mahatmacat1
    12 years ago

I had seen that kit at Lowe's and was wondering about it. Thanks for posting your good experience with it -- we have to figure out our tv wall this fall. It's a gosh-darn mess and now you've helped set us on the right path : )

• avesmor
    12 years ago

If that is the wire channel that's adhesive on the back, be careful when you move out (assuming you have to take it down). We had that stuff running up to a wall mount TV in our home office, and went to take it down when we moved. The adhesive tore the paint right off. Just a heads-up. :)

• natesgram
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Great, I'm glad it's giving some ideas. Thanks avesmore, but luckily this one is attached w/screws on the back channel and is easy to install and remove.

• nancybee_2010
    12 years ago

That looks really good, almost not noticeable.

Also, didn't you make that picture above the bookcase? It looks really nice there.

• Fori
    12 years ago

Even without Wubbzy it looks pretty good!

Thanks for sharing. It is totally inoffensive. I'll need a custom sized one for all OUR spaghetti!

• ttodd
    12 years ago

Too many kids! I couldn't figure out who had Wow Wow Wubbzy in their LR!

• natesgram
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey, I'm was just babysitting, I have no clue who Wow Wow Wubbzy is. I go back to Sesame Street and the Count. Romper Room anybody? LOL.

And yes Nancy, I did make the picture of the Girl in a swing. It is now in my messy office/storage/closet/craft/used to be a bedroom/library room. I want my old life back.

• dalmadarling
    12 years ago

I used the Besta Framsta set from IKEA - mount the tv on the panel and never see the cords - absolutely love it!

• itltrot
    12 years ago

roarah, they do actually make wireless devices so the components can be hidden in a closet or cabinets and no wires are visible. I think they are called IR receivers or something like that. There is a tiny little IR device that picks up the signal from the clicker and sends it to the component in the closet.

Of course you'd still have the plug in for the TV but everything else is hidden.

Nates, looks very nice!