Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sueb20 - re: Slipcovers on Bayside sofa

Posted by sonicmom (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 22, 12 at 11:02

I recently bought a second-hand Crate and Barrel Bayside sofa. I want to wash the slipcovers, but I've been too chicken. Sueb20, you've posted about your Bayside sofa. Have you ever washed the covers, and do you have any tips? Anyone else?
The fabric on mine is Danish, which I believe is their cotton and linen blend. I called customer service twice,and the first representative said some of their slipcovers need to be machine washed and would be ruined by dry cleaning, and some need to be dry cleaned and would be ruined by machine washing. The second person told me Danish fabric is definitely machine washable. I'm still nervous.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sueb20 - re: Slipcovers on Bayside sofa

Okay, here's what I've done to mine, but I don't actually know what the fabric content is on mine. I looked at the site and they don't seem to have mine there any more (I have two Bayside sofas: a blue/white floral and a green/white stripe). I have not washed the whole cover, but I have washed the seat cushions a few times. We have a bulldog who sneaks up on the sofa and drools her disgusting drool on the seat. The cushion covers washed really well. Just put them in the machine and washed them on cold, and let them air dry and put them back on when they were about 95% dry.

Bulldog #2 has a nasty habit of rubbing her face along the bottoms of our sofas after she eats, which creates a lovely brown (dog-food colored) stain along the front of the sofas. For that, I recently got a can of spray-on upholstery cleaner and scrubbed the heck out of the front of the slipcover while it was still on the sofa. Worked great.

o
RE: sueb20 - re: Slipcovers on Bayside sofa

Thanks! Had to smile at your bulldog stories.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here