|I recently bought a second-hand Crate and Barrel Bayside sofa. I want to wash the slipcovers, but I've been too chicken. Sueb20, you've posted about your Bayside sofa. Have you ever washed the covers, and do you have any tips? Anyone else?
The fabric on mine is Danish, which I believe is their cotton and linen blend. I called customer service twice,and the first representative said some of their slipcovers need to be machine washed and would be ruined by dry cleaning, and some need to be dry cleaned and would be ruined by machine washing. The second person told me Danish fabric is definitely machine washable. I'm still nervous.
|Okay, here's what I've done to mine, but I don't actually know what the fabric content is on mine. I looked at the site and they don't seem to have mine there any more (I have two Bayside sofas: a blue/white floral and a green/white stripe). I have not washed the whole cover, but I have washed the seat cushions a few times. We have a bulldog who sneaks up on the sofa and drools her disgusting drool on the seat. The cushion covers washed really well. Just put them in the machine and washed them on cold, and let them air dry and put them back on when they were about 95% dry. |
Bulldog #2 has a nasty habit of rubbing her face along the bottoms of our sofas after she eats, which creates a lovely brown (dog-food colored) stain along the front of the sofas. For that, I recently got a can of spray-on upholstery cleaner and scrubbed the heck out of the front of the slipcover while it was still on the sofa. Worked great.
|Thanks! Had to smile at your bulldog stories.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.