Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sixtyohno

At Home with Jonathon and Drew-slide show

sixtyohno
9 years ago

Has anyone seen this NYTimes article? Here is the house the Property Brothers renovated for themselves.
I do like the outside space. The inside is a little to fussy for me. The colors are nice though. What do you think?

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/garden/hey-heres-an-idea-for-a-show.html?hpw&rref=garden&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=HpHedThumbWell&module=well-regionîion=bottom-well&WT.nav=bottom-well&_r=0

Comments (7)

• Gooster
    9 years ago

At first I was a bit weirded out by the thought they lived together and had moved to that part of Vegas, but it all makes sense once your read the article. I find it interesting that the one must grow out his beard to exaggerate the differences when they are on camera.

I did not find it too fussy; I was a bit surprised at how luxe the bedroom was, when you compare what they have to choose on HGTV.

That backyard is pretty bachelor-tastic, with the pool, basketball court, bar, etc....

• peony4
    9 years ago

Gooster, I had the same initial reaction, too. "Vegas?" As they describe their lifestyle, though, it made more sense as a "hub" for their extended family, and easy access to the airport.

Thanks for sharing this, sixtyohno! I wish they had shown photos of their kitchen, but I guess we have to tune in to watch their new show in November.

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

Very nice, but I don't see it as fussy, just a few very nice 'appointments'.

As for their living in Vegas, understandable.

Here's the link to make it easier...........

Here is a link that might be useful: House

• sixtyohno
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You are both right about "fussy." I guess "luxe" is a much better word. It does seem impersonal. Maybe they are just not there enough to put more of an imprint on the house. I would like to see the rest of the house.
    10 minutes from the airport in Vegas is not too gorgeous, but it sure is convenient. (We are 1hour 45 minutes from JFK) There are tons of flights from Las Vegas to every where in the US. Plus it is very close to some lovely scenic places.

• rockybird
    9 years ago

It's not really my style. But it might look better if I was in the house. The dark wood shelving looks overbearing. I like Jonathon's bedroom, but it is a little stark. Reminds me of a hotel room.

• patricianat
    9 years ago

They are men. Men don't like lots of stuff. If they get married, then the stuff will come but not they like stark, easy cleaning.

• kswl2
    9 years ago

The decor is not entirely unexpected for two men. I think it is marvelous the way they have created a family hub for their Canadian relatives and share the space with each other as well. They seem more intelligent and competent than other hosts on hgtv. (I only get to watch it in hotel rooms since we don't have tv, but I've seen enough to dislike most of the fake hosts and situations.)