Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HELP! Need to some ideas on this yellow...

Posted by jfmiii (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 10:52

Im trying to figure out some ideas for a paint that is similar to this yellow. I want a neutral, buttery yellow that will look like this. I'm planning on using BM Aura paint, so a BM paint is probably preferred. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HELP! Need to some ideas on this yellow...

I am thinking BM Windham Cream possibly?

o

Philadelphia Cream may also be an option.

o

my3dogs, thanks, i was thinking of trying philadelphia cream also. anyone else?

o

BM Westin Flax

o

I have BM Windham Cream and I think it's paler than on these pictures. Also, slightly peachier. But then again, it probably depends on your room and lighting.

This post was edited by nosoccermom on Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 15:40

o

I'm a big fan of Windham Cream.

o

That looks just like the Windham Cream in our bedroom.

o

I would get paint chips that Look Like the Picture you like, regardless of what the actual name of the color is and sample those. It may be any or all of the above suggestions but they may not look like that in your house.

The color of my old living room was completely unrecognizable compared to the swatch when the swatch was on the display in the store and looked even more different in photographs than it did IRL.

o

BM Westin Flax seems too yellow. I'm going to get samples of Windham Cream and Philadelphia Cream and also ask the people at the paint store if they have any suggestions for matching the color.

o

I painted my guest room BM pale moon and I love it...it has inspired a friend to paint her bedroom the same color.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here