Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

Would the curves make you dizzy? Cool house

sochi
11 years ago

Interesting home showcased at FreshHome this morning.

Here is a link that might be useful: Curved House

Comments (19)

• SunnyCottage
    11 years ago

That is one sexy piece of architecture! I love it. Even if the roof made this little guy pop into my mind ...

• jakabedy
    11 years ago

I can't decide. I really like it from a lot of angles. But some angles just aren't good: too busy and too much going on. I think I like the horizontal planes, but not the tube/tunnel thing that adds a vertically-oriented curve (and a strange color).

I get a Wright/Lautner feel, with a little Pompidou Centre (Piano) overkill. But I really like the interiors.

• awm03
    11 years ago

I love it! Fabulous location for a fabulous house, too.

• pharaoh
    11 years ago

Gorgeous house, beautifully executed. what a site!

• bronwynsmom
    11 years ago

I love it - it's beautiful, but I fear living in it would give me the whirlies!
    And of course I'd have to pitch everything I own and start over...

Still, it's beautifully done. There's something both peaceful and energetic about it...the house seems to be smiling at you. It looks as though it appears to move with you as you move through it, like the East Building of the National Gallery in Washington does.

• sochi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I love the originality of the design, and the interior finishes are gorgeous. You do see the influence of Wright, and others I'm sure. I think the photography may be responsible for the odd angles and curves - I expect it isn't so dizzying in person.

Although I didn't much care for the Pompidou Centre when I first saw it, I've grown to really like it. Perhaps I just got used to it.

• User
    11 years ago

I really like it. Would be easy to furnish...note there is very little in the way of furniture. I love the spareness of it. The house is the sum. Not sure I am expressing it correctly. And that view..who needs anything but a wonderful chair . Glad you posted this. There were some other beauties at the bottom of the article too. c

• anrol
    11 years ago

It is certainly unique! I love the kitchen area surrounded with all of the windows. What a pretty view to look at in the morning!

• lascatx
    11 years ago

It is interesting. On the one hand, there is a fluidity and peacefulness to it and on the other, I see a bit too much and inefficiency. I start questioning how it would work to live in that space. It looks like a nice place to visit, but I'm not sure I could live there.

• User
    11 years ago

Wow, what a spectacular house!

• stinky-gardener
    11 years ago

OMG, those views! Breathtaking. I don't like the outside of the house at all, but I love the inside. Simply gorgeous interior design!

• joyce_6333
    11 years ago

Stunning! As I grow older, I find myself more attracted to modern/contemporary design..versus lots of accessories, etc. I could definitely live in this house.

• User
    11 years ago

Very interesting-- but the side views look just like an ice cream swirly cone.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Wow! That is a wonderful house. There are so many perfect places within it that I would be constantly catching my breath at the beauty of it.

• sameboat
    11 years ago

If I "won" it, I wouldn't turn it down, but it's not something I would have built myself.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

Gorgeous!...for a nature center, spiritual retreat, etc. not as a home. My type of home anyway!

• mclarke
    11 years ago

Looks like an overwrought version of the much sleeker Sleeper House:

Here is a link that might be useful: House

• sochi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

There definitely does seem to be a lot in common with the Sleeper House. It is more overwrought, but still kind of cool I think. I certainly wouldn't say no if it were offered to me. :)

• arcy_gw
    11 years ago

No they would not. They are beautiful. I would never feel at home in something so austere, however. It looks empty, like it is all staged to show for selling. It reads cold, too many hard surfaces. The views would be fantastic, I just don't think they would be all I need in the way of decoration.