Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Goodbye to a big project

KevinMP
9 years ago

I'm sure some of you locals who read real estate listings (Pal) know that my house was for sale and has sold. It's sad to leave what had become such a big project for me, but it is also going to make someone else very happy.

Thanks for all of your help along the way.

Now, onto something new with a lot more space and a lot less charm, unfortunately.

Comments (21)

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I had no idea that you were selling. Will you decorate in a completely different way in your next house?

• lascatx
    9 years ago

I thought you were making that house perfect for yourself. I can't believe you have left it so soon. Hope you instill the missing charm in the new one.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

I hadn't realized you were leaving your "labor of love" so soon, as well. I am sure you will imbue your new place with as much charm and finesse as you did this one!

• Arapaho-Rd
    9 years ago

Say it isn't so! Can't wait to see your next project so don't keep us in suspense too long!

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Can't believe you sold that gorgeous house.

Also can't believe you can't make something amazing out of the new one, considering your talents.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

You sold your house? Wow.

Do we get to help you with your next project?

• teacats
    9 years ago

Congratulations on the house sale!!

Hopefully you'll post LOTS of pictures of the new place -- and hope you will share your future projects !

And yes indeed -- you really DO have a wonderful talent for creating a home! :)

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Wow! Congratulations on the quick sale of your lovely house. I'm sure all the love and care that went into the renovations and decor were the reasons. IIRC, you were getting married and perhaps that has already happened, so that is the reason for a move to a new home most likely?

All the best to you and hope you'll share your future ventures with us! Can't wait to see where that lovely table ends up!

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    9 years ago

Believe you mentioned a fiancé at one time, and guessing
    the move comes after the marriage. Oh, sorry, I am being too nosy.
    We will all be excited to watch you create charm where there is none, as I'm very confidant in your ability to do so! Hope you'll want to share this new decorating adventure.
    Best wishes !
    Marti

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Congrats on the sale. While it's sad to leave all that work behind, it's nice knowing that it paid off and I'm sure helped sell the place nicely.

After all, we all eventually leave all our hard work behind forever, don't we?

• beekeeperswife
    9 years ago

Congrats!

I have to ask...will the famous chair stay with the house? Or is it going back out the window?

Looking forward to your next project. (are you leaving the city?)

• KevinMP
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The chair (along with many other things acquired piecemeal) will be out the window (or the French doors in the master), and hoisted over the house or through the kitchen and dining room.

Marriage is part of it, but with the possibility of rates climbing over the next year, the need for more space, and the low inventory, I thought I'd give it a try.

The new house will need some work, but mostly aesthetic things and mostly outside. It's classic center hall colonial in the burbs that hasn't been updated for the most part in its 40+ years.

• chibimimi
    9 years ago

Kevin, I can't wait to see what you do with your next project. It may have less charm to begin with, but not by the time you're finished with it.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

Can't wait to see what you will do with your new place. Lots on your plate with the wedding and a new house!

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Looking forward to your new project, and congratulations on the nuptials ;-)

• peegee
    9 years ago

When do we all get to see pictures of our new house??

• ttodd
    9 years ago

Happy new adventure's! Looking forward to seeing what's next.

• Elraes Miller
    9 years ago

Our house? I love that. Kevin, you were such a part of this group on the recon. We couldn't leave you alone and won't with the "new" home. Can't wait to see what you do and newly paired in doing so. Don't leave us too long, even on the simple updates. When is the wedding? Nosy here too...

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

Congrats on the sale, the upcoming wedding (I think you posted it would be in December) and your new home too.

Have you already selected a place of honor for Mr. Jefferson?

I did notice the listing since we are looking for home(s) in the city. All 3 adult kids live in Philly and are looking to buy their first home - as you mentioned - before the rates rise. We plan on purchasing one and renting it to our youngest.

Congrats again - just think how nice it will be to have your own parking spot now. You've so generously shared your last project with us I hope you allow us to see the next transformation.

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Well, here's to new beginnings! I wonder if you are moving to the Main Line. If so, we will be neighbors. The suburbs have their own charm, such as driveways and easy shopping. I do love the city and missed it terribly when I left. Although I could sleep right through the sound of the trolley going by, the crickets kept me up all night at first.

Here's hoping you share the new house with us, too.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Kevin, I am so happy for you and like the others I am anxious to see what you do with your new home. I so enjoyed the glimpses of your lovely home.

I do want to thank you for the advice that you gave me when we were renovating our kitchen in regards to a range hood. I took your advice and I am so pleased with how well the hood does in removing cooking odors.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES