Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 10:34
|I have an old door that I picked up on the side of the road that was painted a very pale and pretty blue. I'd like to keep the finish, if I can, but if I'm to turn it into a headboard, do I really need to strip the paint to prevent any lead paint issues or can I just seal with polyurethane?|
|I'd just seal it. Unless you're ingesting the lead paint, it's not an issue, and presumably you won't be eating the headboard. ;-D |
I hope you'll post pictures! I've toyed with the idea of turning an old door (or something out of the ordinary) into a headboard myself. Would love to see how you did it.
|Are you sure it's lead paint? You could test it with a lead paint kit if you're concerned.|
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
- You must be a registered member and logged in to post messages on our forums.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review the contents and make changes.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- It is illegal to post copyrighted material without the owner's consent.
- HTML codes are allowed in the message field only.
- No advertising is allowed in any of the forums.
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.