Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Curtains to go with this room???

loves2read
10 years ago

This is guest bedroom in our FL vacation home...
the carpet in room is from previous owners and hope to take it out and either add area rug (just lightweight cotton) or maybe have concrete floor stained
The shades are white vinyl that we bought right after having house painted w/o any furniture for the room...just the least expensive we could find ready made from Lowes...
problem is the sun comes through and turns them yellow--no blackout ability at all...
We got same ones for the other guest room which doesn't get as much morning sun-- when I added tier curtains that go with bedding that helped cut the sun enough w/o changing the blinds...

I thought some Priscilla curtains hung criss-cross over the windows (so one side would cover the other with small opening between them) would cut the glare enough to work...but getting curtains wide enough is expensive...
and I am not sure if the country look of those curtains would go with the more contemporary style of the comforter...
would work with the furniture though...which is vintage Dixie faux bamboo...
there is long dresser opposite foot of the bed--and another nightstand same style we added after photo was taken...

I could take out the vinyl blinds and hang faux wood slat blinds but again--finding something wide enough for the widest window is not easy or inexpensive...don't want to custom order...
and my husband doesn't really want to waste the money spent on the blinds...cheap as they were...

Anyone think I could get away with maybe gluing some canvas or black-out material to the back of the blinds to cut the light?
The view is nothing special so the blinds stay down all the time...

suggestions for other window coverings/ideas?
thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: [Bedroom photo[(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/what-curtains-window-coverings-to-use-add-to-this-bedroom-dsvw-vd~613572)

Comments (2)