Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone have a good source for burlap or linen - - -

Posted by tinam61 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 10:06

lamp shades? I'm looking for a good price as I need to buy several. Oooh I saw a fab one the other day - more textured and a looser weave even than burlap - but it came ON a lamp - an expensive lamp - a lamp that I did not even like! LOL

Thanks for any suggestions.

tina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone have a good source for burlap or linen - - -

You didn't mention the size/s you need, but I searched on 'burlap lamp shade' on eBay and got 91 hits. Link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay burlap lamp shades

o

Odd idea...but the hardware/garden centers sell burlap in larger thickness and openings for planting. It isn't the normal burlap used for upholstery.

o

Odd idea...but the hardware/garden centers sell burlap in larger thickness and openings for planting. It isn't the normal burlap used for upholstery.

o

o

Have you looked at Shades of Light? Their website has several burlap and linen shades. Their store in Richmond also has a big variety.

o

Here is one source.

Here is a link that might be useful: Everylampshade

o

Yes, the hardware stores will have burlap. I like to put it under my xmas trees.
Two things to note.

1, It is smelly
2. It often has a red stripe

o

You can get upholstery type burlap at JoAnn Fabrics.

o

So sorry I just got back to this!

Thanks so much for all the suggestions. I should explain - I don't want to cover a lampshade. Want to buy them. Pottery barn has some good ones, but can be a bit pricey as I want several.

Mt. - I have a couple of burlap items and they don't smell. I didn't make them myself, so maybe they were treated somehow? I do have some burlap fabric here (also used at Christas - around a nativity scene and I made a stocking) - and I never noticed the odor. I think it must dissipate pretty quickly.

I am curious about the burlap at garden/hardware stores though!

Thanks again!!

tina

o

Link on burlap lampshades. Order complete or make your own.

Here is a link that might be useful: burlap shades

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here