Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sallen2008_gw

Ladder for High Ceilings

sallen2008
15 years ago

Has any one found a good ladder for cleaning windows/painting for high ceilings? Thanks!

Comments (12)

• nhb22
    15 years ago

I wouldn't recommend this ladder. YIKES!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ladder accident

• magothyrivergirl
    15 years ago

The Little Giant Ladder is a sturdy ladder for high places, but it is heavy. We have to reach 2 story windows - I think they are avail in different lengths / heights. Before I purchased mine, I read that the collapsible ladders unexpectedly collapsed - whether operator error or mechanical, I felt I did not want to take the chance.
    That guy simply missed the next step - ouch! Hope he was okay. Bad enough to do that, but on TV!

• bonniee818
    15 years ago

I have the Frontgate safety ladder.......the tallest one & it is great! Easy to store & carry inside to do the transom windows & arch over the front door. I ordered it since there isn't a Frontgate store near me.
    Bonnie

• johnmari
    15 years ago

We have this kind of articulating ladder in the 16' length and it's great. It isn't too heavy (about 40lb), it can be used safely in a whole bunch of different positions including on stairs and slopes, and it's very sturdy. It's also much easier to carry and store than a regular stepladder.

• sallen2008
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks! johnmari, I had looked at an articulating ladder....thanks for your recommendations! My sister-in-law and I will share a ladder...then we can "spot" each other when we need to use it.

• igloochic
    15 years ago

Do anything but DO NOT buy fiberglass. I learned that the hard way (cast was just removed). They have a bad habit of "failing" which means that they collapse and throw you like a toy doll. From a 4' tall one which collapsed, I landed, and lost an inch of bone in my wrist (thank you dead guy for the donation to replace it) and had to have surgery, six inches of metal, more screws and pins than I can count and permanent loss of motor function. I also lost the baby I was carrying because of the surgery to fix my arm (done a week into pregnancy, with lots of drugs...not good for baby) :o(

I have a 15' ladder that is fiberglass as well for our high ceilings. I am getting rid of it (via destroying and taking to the dump) and getting a metal one.

I was lucky...most people hit their heads and have brain damage :O( Really, don't buy fiberglass!!!

• magothyrivergirl
    15 years ago

igloochic - so sorry.......((hugs))

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

Wish there were more ladders with platform steps and sometimes I wish there was a hand rail as well. Inside I love my Frontgate platform step wood ladder, and outside I have an aluminium platform step ladder, but both are short, helpful, but I'd love the same comfort/security in a very tall ladder to get on the roof. How many inches for the Frontgate super tall ladder? The two I have are 8.5 inch platform steps.

• bungalow_house
    15 years ago

So so sorry, igloochic.

• bonniee818
    15 years ago

Hi Sallen2008 and Bodica.......The frontgate ladder I have is tall. Link below if you wanna have a look.......Bonnie

Here is a link that might be useful: ladder

• bodiCA
    15 years ago

so it has only 3.5 inch steps, not the 8.5 of the wood ladder.....

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor