Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lorishopaholic

Opinions please before I cut the cord

lorishopaholic
9 years ago

I found these pendants yesterday and just hung one up without wiring to see how it looks. What do you think? Also, how about the height? I can go 6 inches lower which would put it about 27.5 inches above the counter and about 1.5 inch lower than the old pendant. It currently is 33 above the counter. Would love your thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Comments (13)

• lorishopaholic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Different angle

• Oakley
    9 years ago

It looks good the way you have it, but just make sure the light bulb doesn't shine in your eye's either standing or sitting.

Also, if it's too low, it can easily get in the way when you're cooking.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

I like them, too. Ditto what Oakley said about the light in your eyes. What are your thoughts about a chandelier over the table to coordinate with them? Seems like they would be easy to complement.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I think those will look great in your kitchen! I like the larger size and the solid shade. I think I would like to keep them high, as you have them now, so that you aren't trying to look through them when standing. But as Oakley said, make sure you don't end up staring at the bulb while sitting at the island.

• lorishopaholic
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, I bet you guys are as happy as I am that I finally found something! I hope a haven't annoyed everyone with all my pendant light posts. Lol! Olychick, I need to change the light over the table but I have no idea what to put there. I would love ideas and suggestions! Thanks again for everyone's help on this.

• MarinaGal
    9 years ago

I really like those. They complement your other kitchen choices nicely. I have to go back to your other posts to remind myself what you are looking for in a chandelier, but I think there are some things that might work in the Visual Comfort Thomas O'Brien collection....

• kswl2
    9 years ago

Like!

• TxMarti
    9 years ago

I like them. They are absolutely perfect for your kitchen. When it comes time to choose lights for my next room, I'd like you to do it.

p.s. What are your counters and backsplash tile? Very pretty.

This post was edited by marti8a on Wed, Aug 27, 14 at 16:27

• dedtired
    9 years ago

Perfect choice. I'd like it a bit lower, depending on how the light hits your eyes, as Oakley says. If they are a little lower, you will see the shade, not the bulb when walking into the kitchen

• rmsaustin
    9 years ago

Are you asking about height or about the light itself? If the decision is only about height, I think that 6 inches lower would be too low. If you are also asking about the pendant -- I'm not loving it. I think something less rustic and hard looking would work better -- something a little softer (maybe a fixture with a shade?) or shiny (metal? glass?) -- or maybe go that direction with the light over the table for some contrast with the barn type lights?

• peony4
    9 years ago

I think the color of the pendant works well, but not the style. It's decidedly industrial, and I don't see any other elements in your space that coordinate with this style.

But I was partial to the glass chandy pendants you posted earlier. Those would have been my choice.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I think they'd look better with a minimalist modern look--solid quartz countertops, glass tile, slab doors, etc.

• caminnc
    9 years ago

I think it looks good. Be sure to put a dimmer on the wall switch, that way you can control how bright the light is so it won't bother your eyes.