Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aloha2009

Dining Room with no Windows

aloha2009
9 years ago

I want to do something spectacular for the dining room but I don't really know what. I hope I don't loose you there. Think of it as I'm open to ideas.

The dining room is the 1st thing you see when you come in the front door. We use the room daily.

One of the most difficult issues is that there are no windows in it. The use of mirrors seems to be futile since the reflections just end up being of another wall (but perhaps someone can help that).

The room is approx 11' x 12.5. I say approximate because technically there are 7 walls in this room with angling walls. With the angling of the walls, we are able to have a large table that seats 10. There are 2 solid walls in the room so perfect for doing something great to. the other 4 are undecoratable and the 7th one is approx 3' so I will concentrate on that once the rest of the room get put together.

I've been considering having a built in floating cabinet along the 11' wall and putting some creative things above it - this is the wall that's most exposed to the front entry. The other 12.5' solid wall is the one we see most when we're inside the house, so I would like it nice for us too.

I'm guessing something dramatic will have to be my direction, with it being relatively dark in the room and a bit closed off. I'm having trouble searching through Houzz for ideas with rooms w/o windows.

Thanks in advance for reading all of this.

Comments (12)