Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where should my bed go?

Posted by tnorman (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 24, 14 at 9:34

Hi there: Advice needed! Do I center my bed on the wall or between the window and the wall? As you see in this photo I have it centered on the wall, but looks to me like I should move it over to the left. Your thoughts appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where should my bed go?

I'd move it to the left, centered between the window and the wall, and more straight on as you walk in the door. Pretty headboard.

o

I think centered between window and wall. It helps define one side as the sleeping side, and the other as the dressing side. But, does someone sleep on the wall side of the bed? When they get up, will they step on floor vent if the bed is moved closer?

o

I'd leave it where it is and find a tall, thin dresser, or something, to put on the other side to balance that wall. I don't think the problem is so much where the bed is but that the one window at one end of a long wall is so awkward and totally imbalances the wall. Without something substantial on the other end, it's going to look odd either way, IMO.

o

you might also consider.. make a wall space equal to that on the right of the window .... on the left side of the window ... ... to balance the window ...

and then balance the bed and lamps independently ....

you have two architectural/design objects.. bed and window... in your pic.. you ignored the window.. and centered the bed.. and that is why it looks off to you ...

how it all works out.. to your eye... is left to fate ... meaning.. whatever pleases you ...

ken

o

Those night stands are way too small in scale to properly balance the bed. I would suggest replacing both and moving the the nightstands and the bed to the left and leaving the window area free with your quilt stand placed in front.

o

Yes. Move the bed to the left -- and center it on the actual wall space --- THEN move the quilt stand under the right-hand window ......

o

Such great advice ... as always! Thank you!!

o

Glad you got the advice you were seeking. Now - May I ask about that quilt tnorman?

o

How about some art work on the left side of the wall to help balance out the whole wall? I personally would lower the drapery rod some if you do that though, so your eye isn't moving up and down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here