Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color to paint garage interior?

Posted by ncdel (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 9:18

We are getting some garage organization system items installed & decided we'd like to have our interior garage painted (just walls) before hand to make it look really nice & also to maybe mask some marks & whatnot that are sure to happen (plus be able to wash them off easier than the builder white we have now).
I need color ideas- was thinking of a grey or maybe green/grey but would love some thoughts or photos!
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color to paint garage interior?

No photos, but we went with a yellow-y off white in our old garage just to make it look cleaner and sunnier as it was always very dark.

o

We painted our garage interior in the same color as our siding- BM Camouflage, a great light gray-green. What are the colors of your exterior siding or trim?

o

we're going to paint ours a cream/yellow color. The garage is so dark, the light color reflects light and make it feel lighter.

o

We went with white to help bounce the light. One cool thing is that we were able to use our power sprayer to paint it - we masked off the windows & the door openers, but since you aren't looking for "fine finish" in a garage it was fun to just spray it & get it done quick. The sprayer was loud, though. So if you go that way be sure you get ear protection!

o

house colors are an idea but 2 of them are very very light and the other is a darker green color (on the shake, it is craftsman style). I think the darker green might be too dark but maybe a lighter tone of it. Our garage is not very dark to begin with and is a 3 car so I'm not too concerned about making it seem dark in there with a non-cream paint. I like the idea of a grey/green.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here