|We are buying a second home in Florida which has been painted a neutral sandy beige. The floors are also a similar color tile. I was thinking of a grey sofa/sectional but wonder of this is too trendy? Also, what color accents do think would give it some pizazz? It overlooks a pool area so there's a lot of light and greenery.|
|If it were my house, I'd look for a sofa in a golden tan color a couple shades darker than the walls, and I'd use turquoise and orange accent colors. |
Kind of like this color scheme.
|I'd go with greens or blues with white.|
This post was edited by Tibbrix on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 9:31
|Just in time, Houzz source book "how to bring beige walls to life". Just some examples below. More at th elink. |
Here is a link that might be useful: How to bring beige walls to life
|I would look at design-seeds.com or houzz.com or magazines or even artwork or fabric to give yourself a color palette to work toward...then making selections for sofas, chairs, rugs, etc. becomes much easier. Esp since beige goes with everything...without a color direction, you can spin your wheels for days...|
|My house is painted about the same color. |
Floor are beige and grey tile that looks like slate
In my family room, I have a dark eggplant sofa and some brown and gold accents.
Dining room/Living room: I have a mossy green accent wall (Laura Ashley Olive 4) and green and dark red accents
Hallways/bathroom have black and grey
Beige is such an easy color. You can make it look good with whatever you put with it. Good luck!
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here