Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bobbie46_gw

Blackout Lining Quality

bobbie46
9 years ago

Goodmorning all. I have an excellent drapery seamstress. She sells a somewhat soft blackout lining for $12.30 a yard. She will not use the poly blend which is also soft. I can provide my own lining for $7.90 a yard from PTree and can even buy a lining for less ($4.80) if I drive to Interior Fabrics in New Orleans. You can see the warp and weft of both the $12+ and the $7.90 product and both seem very good. I have not seen the one from New Orleans yet. The lining from my seamstress has a slight nap on the back and may be a tiny bit softer but I cannot really see much, if any, difference. I have seen drapes in the PTree showroom, ( $7.90) which look nice but they are not interlined and mine will be interlined. The seamstress also sells interlining which is a little bit thicker than the one at the store $10 versus $7.90 at PTree or the $6.40 from Interior Fabrics. I think the $7.90 will be fine and the less expensive one may be as well. I will have six nine foot tall curtains, three singles and one triple and will need almost 50 yards so the diference in cost for the lining ranges from $240 to $615 and interlining from $400 to $500. The difference is significant but not a deal breaker. My drapery fabric is a medium weight white linen. I hope to decide today. This is short notice, but if anyone knows these products, please make suggestions!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH