Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with pillows for day bed

Posted by dilly_ny (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 15, 14 at 8:37

My teen daughter would like her bed to look like a couch. I recently bought her the " brimnes" day bed from ikea as shown in the photo. I do not want the pillows to end up on the floor on a daily basis. I was thinking of using Velcro to secure them in place.

Any ideas on what type of pillows would work best? I was thinking if I used regular bed pillows, the pillow may lurch forward and the case would be Velcroed and look odd. Throw pillows - I'd need so many, not sure. The custom daybed cushions that are typically 2 triangular shaped pieces seem cumbersome and would have to be taken off the bed each night.

Any ideas? What do you think would work best for a bed used daily?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with pillows for day bed

Just did this for DDs at beach house. Buy some king pillows and put them in shams. Throw in some big euro squares. Go to Home Goods and have a ball.. Great pillows there , throws too

o

I always thought the idea of hanging pillows to create a headboard was clever. The pillows could be permanently affixed or attached with snaps or ties. Look for "hanging pillow headboard" on Google images or Pinterest to see lots of ideas.

o

Fun2BHere - I love the hanging pillow idea. That just might work!

o

Glad I could suggest a direction that might work for you. Good luck with your project!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here