o
MCM Time Capsule

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 8:27

Here is a link that might be useful: Tulsa 50s ranch

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: MCM Time Capsule

Wow, this is amazing. I can just picture it in it's heyday--ashtrays, highball glasses and all. Whenever I see time capsules likes this I say a little prayer that the new owner's will preserve it as is. But I doubt that's too realistic.

o

I like the overall house, but googie isn't really my favorite form of modernism and for some reason I find some of the colors a bit oppressive. But I think some of those things could be changed pretty subtly without much impact.

What you couldn't really do is try to alter the kitchens and baths stylistically without making a mess.

One other thing: look at how this house (and lots of other houses from this era) sits in it's environment. This isn't a small house (2300), but it's not trying to take command of its site. Contrast this with the popular current builds that are smaller but trying to *Look so much bigger and more "impressive".

o

I like houses that hunker down in their surrounds like pal says. Get rid of the carpets and do some painting and it would be a real gem.

o

I agree. Remove carpets, and there is little else to do.

Wish it were here.

o

The green/blue (whatever colour that is) in the main living area is grating on me but that is an easy change. I want the kitchen.

I could live in this house.

o

Love it!

o

I wish that house were around here! All I would do is paint some of those walls-a little too much color in some spots for me.

o

Love, love, love. Thank you for sharing, this house is just fabulous - I am house shopping right now and if this was available where I live it would be a contender, providing I could afford it. MCM is very popular here and an MCM house like this would likely be quite pricey. I love the blue-green, would probably refresh the house a little bit here and there but in keeping with the MCM style.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here