Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suz1023

pls help me find cupboards like this one?

Susan
11 years ago

this is the best example of what i'm looking for which i've run across.

http://burlington.craigslist.org/atd/3206212137.html

i am looking for white or unpainted, dimensions 32 wide.

i know someone must make the size i need, bhut i can't figure out the best search terms to find it.

help?!

p.s. i'm making a wardrobe wall, two of these united by a 44" wide dresser in between them.

thanks!

Comments (9)

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    11 years ago

I Googled the description from the CL ad, and came up with the one below.

What is the budget? You may want to look into getting them made for you, or go to a kitchen and bath design store, where they may be able to put various cabinet pieces together to make up what you want.

Here is a link that might be useful: Acme Contemporary Espresso Finish Two-Door Wardrobe Set-3 Drawers

• graywings123
    11 years ago

Are you looking for a stand alone piece or are you asking what style this is so you can buy kitchen cabinets in that style?

Here is the craigslist photo:
    {{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: The craigslist ad

• rafor
    11 years ago

Love Tillotson Trading. He has some very unique and interesting pieces.
    I agree with my3dogs about having someone custom build them for you. Then you would get exactly what you want for the space.

• tinker_2006
    11 years ago

I know our amish kitchen company could build this for you.. I would try finding a custom builder.

• Susan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

well i tried the unfinished furniture route, but it wasn't a size her vendors offered. i am flex on measurements by a couple of inches for depth and width so that surprised me. her shop offered to custom build them for me at a cost of 7500.00 bucks, which was out of my price range.

ikea should work, but i cannot find the sizes there either, which doesn't mean they aren't there, just that i couldn't find them.
    best case scenario is i'd have them built to my specs but i'm first looking for stock pieces.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    11 years ago

Like I mentioned above, I am guessing that a Kitchen and Bath showroom, or even start with one of the bog box stores, could show you pieces available in your desired size that would be FAR less than $7500.

Here is a link that might be useful: Standard Kitchen Cabinet Sizes

• mellyc123
    11 years ago

If you live near an Ikea they always have wardrobes in their scratch/dent section.

I see many options on cl if you search for armoire or wardrobe, however you are not likely to find a matching set.

This seems like a really expensive room divider and maybe not so safe if you have young kids.

If you tell this group what your plan is they usually have lots of helpful suggestions.

• chucksmom
    11 years ago

I just searched my local CL and found quite a few options.
    I searched wardrobe, entertainment unit (cheap-with everyone going to flat screens), those side cabinets might work-remove the shelves and put in a bar, armoire, closet. Retail? Certainly not in my vocabulary. Good luck.

• Susan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

room divider? huh?
    the plan is to build a wardrobe wall on the ten foot wall in my master bdrm.
    i have three dressers lined up there now and it looks like cr@p frankly!
    so, imagine a center piece of a 44 wide dresser and two tall (32 or 33" wide) cabs flanking it. over the center dresser and between the two flanking tall cabs we will install a big mirror with a bridge across the top uniting the three pieces.
    there is power on the wall so i have a pair of pretty sconces for the mirrored area.
    hope that's enough to visualise it!
    back to research, thanks for the tips!