Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanga_gw

Paint help:Pink tone backsplash, creamy Cambria Bradshaw counter

nanga
9 years ago

My countertop is Cambria Bradford which has warm creamy, gold, taupe, black and flecks of copper and silver in it. Backsplash is an ivory tumbled stone which unfortunately has some pinky, peachy tones I have white cabinets. I notice the difference all the time and don't love it, but it's not awful. The issue is in choosing a paint color. I have 2 very small areas where I need to paint the wall where there is both tile and countertop and I can't find a color that coordinates. The room is dark and the paint samples I've tried all show darker than the paint card. The other challenge is that this needs to coordinate with the paint in the living room which it opens into and this room and has it's own challenges. I think we will be going with the shaker beige in the LR, but it looks very dark and a bit greenish in the kitchen (not awful, but not complementary with the backsplash),

Monroe bisque was awful - too green. Kilim beige is too pinkish overall and bittersweet stem (50%) looked swiney. Tried sag harbor on the advise of a designer to get away from trying to match anything (and was in my house going through the BM fan decks) and this is a beautiful color with my white cabinets and the stone I will use for my fireplace, but is just too much contrast with tile. I hate that less than 4 square feet of my kitchen is dictating limiting my choice. I will try to post pics tomorrow. But am looking for other ideas. Painter is coming September 15th.

Comments (2)