Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
furniture consignment shops in nc

Posted by liketolearn (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 14, 12 at 1:10

I love going to consignment shops to find that something special! I'm looking for home decor and smaller furniture pieces (stools, chairs, end tables) . I'm not looking for antiques but prefer gently used furniture. For home decor I looking for french country, blue and white pottery, and wall art.

I'm heading south to NC for a long weekend of consignment shopping (my idea of a great vacation!). I plan to spend a day in Hickory and who knows from there! I would love some suggestions on consignment shops in NC.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: furniture consignment shops in nc

Well, you should really come to Charlotte! It is only about an hour away from Hickory and a very easy drive. HOWEVER, we are hosting the Democratic National Convention so you may want to avoid that week depending on when is your trip because you probably will not be able to get a hotel.

Probably the biggest place I would recommend is called Sleepy Poet Antique mall. It is 50,000 square feet of individual booths. It has a mix of everything, from larger furniture to smaller pieces and art.

I will think of a few others. You also might want to see what's on the Charlotte or Hickory CL since many shops advertise there.

If you want to go about an hour the other way from Hickory, you can always go to Asheville. I don't have any specific recommendations there.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sleepy Poet

o

Well, you should really come to Charlotte! It is only about an hour away from Hickory and a very easy drive. HOWEVER, we are hosting the Democratic National Convention so you may want to avoid that week depending on when is your trip because you probably will not be able to get a hotel.

Probably the biggest place I would recommend is called Sleepy Poet Antique mall. It is 50,000 square feet of individual booths. It has a mix of everything, from larger furniture to smaller pieces and art.

I will think of a few others. You also might want to see what's on the Charlotte or Hickory CL since many shops advertise there.

If you want to go about an hour the other way from Hickory, you can always go to Asheville. I don't have any specific recommendations there.

o

o

I have NO idea why that posted three times! Sorry.

o

Hey gsciencechick!! I'm in the Charlotte area too. Darn if I'm going to venture uptown during the DNC!! Too much traffic for my taste!
S

o

I'm not sure if this will be helpful, but I love to see what is for sale @ a cool shop in Greensboro. I think you need to schedule an appt to see items if something online is 'calling your name'. Google: stuff vintage greensboro. I believe she only has a facebook page, not a website. I enjoy cruising thru 'junk' stores in Burlington and Mebane, however the only name I am familar with is Melville Trading (this is an antique mall). It is a refreshing antique mall - not cramped or depressing. I am amazed at the prices. Don't know why anyone would buy new furniture. HOWEVER, if you venture to NC, I would check out the Mitchell Gold outlet. Yummy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here