Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help with ceiling fan selection?

Posted by seespotto (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 22:31

Hi all,
I am looking to replace the ceiling fans in two bedrooms. One bedroom is really big (estimate 20 X 15) and the other is pretty small, it is holding a queen size bed but it's pretty tight. So, I was looking at a 52 inch fan for the big bedroom, and a 44 for the small, but then realized that Hunter does not make fans that would perfectly match each other in different sizes...so the choices I'm looking at are:
1. Buy white fans, which I really have never liked the looks of.
2. Buy the same fan for both rooms, regardless of the room sizes.
3. Buy different fans and don't worry that they don't match (differences in the design and possibly the "tones" of the wood fan blades.)
Any ideas would be appreciated! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help with ceiling fan selection?

Have you gone to the hunter fan website? They have a fan selector, where you can select finish, style, etc..

I used it a few years back as I needed a specific size for a couple smaller rooms (nickel plated with maple blades,and lights) and the big box stores had nothing. I got two smaller ones, and a big one all the same style.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hunter Fan link

o

I'm on the 2nd and 3rd Casablanca fan, I have the Capistrano in the master bedroom in navaho white. Originally had that one in my sunroom and always loved it, took me about 6 months to finally find a fan for that room so when we were building this home, I knew that's what I wanted for the bedroom and we choose another style for the great room. Good Luck!

o

I don't think fans in different rooms have to match each other, any more than light fixtures need to match in different rooms. I definitely would get a larger fan for the larger room. And my opinion on ceiling fans is that unless you really want it to be a design feature in the room, get white, so it blends into the ceiling -- if indeed you have a white ceiling.

We have a beach house where we put ceiling fans in each of the bedrooms. Because the rooms are all different in size, only two are the same. All are white except for the master, because I just couldn't find a white fan that I liked for that room, AND the ceiling in that room is not white (the other rooms do have white ceilings). Our ceiling is a very pale blue gray, and the fan is a matte silvery finish, which I think blends with the ceiling better than a white fan would.

o

Thanks so much for all the good points!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here