Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Choosing Kitchen paint color

Posted by meigsy (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 22:18

We have been doing some indoor remodeling including the kitchen. We painted the cabinets SW Black Bean and my island is Antique White. The granite is new Venetian gold. My family room and dining room both have SW Baquette on the walls and I was looking for something for the kitchen that would compliment. I was thinking a long the lines of something green but am open to other thoughts. There isn't a great deal of direct light in the kitchen so I don't want anything too dark. If I play it safe I can look at something in the same tan/taupe line but was just thinking of adding a little color. Thoughts? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Choosing Kitchen paint color

Sounds lovely.

Any pics, though? They'd be helpful. Makes a big difference how much wall area there is to be painted, lighting, etc.

o

One angle of my kitchen

o

Looking into familyroom. Baquette and Red Bay on the walls in FR

o

This is the area that gets the most light.

o

Is the Red Bay staying?

I was actually going to suggest a cranberry for the kitchen until I saw the pics.

The Baguette is really nice! What if you did the kitchen in the Baguette and just the wall around the kitchen bay windows in the Red Bay?

o

Maybe Glidden Water Chesnut if you want a neutral. I love it in my kitchen. I can post a pic if you want.

o

I would love to see a picture. Thanks

o

Glidden Water Chesnut

o

Glidden Water Chesnut again. Sorry, blurry.

o

Sherwin Williams Rainwashed. No window in powder room.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here