Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bernhardt franco sofa?

Posted by mellyc123 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 27, 12 at 21:36

I am thinking of getting this sofa, a matching chair and ottoman.

Can anyone tell me if they love/hate the way the back cushion is the back of the sofa? I have never owned one like this.

What about the quality? It will be in a family room and I am considering leather. The fabric as shown (which I also like ) is 1300.00 so I am concerned it will not hold up well to kids and pets.
I would like it to last 5 years.

Thank You

Here is a link that might be useful: bernhardt franco sofa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bernhardt franco sofa?

I like the single row of tufting. I don't like the way the padding stops and you have the frame lip at the top. Is there some advantage that I do not see? It seems gratuitous. A tight back sofa looks tapered and tidy already, that hard edge isn't necesary.

o
RE: bernhardt franco sofa?

I really like the style of the sofa you have choscn.

If it's quality you are concerned about, don't be. I have 2 chairs we purchased from Bernhardt last year. The quality is great, they were made in the US, and they're extremely comfortable. I think that $1300 is very reasonable.

My only suggestion is to pick a chair and ottoman that is different from the sofa but works for interest.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here