Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have you seen any great multi-light island pendants lately?

Posted by sueb20 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 21:26

Working on DH to get him to agree that it's time to replace our kitchen light fixtures after about 8 years. I don't usually replace fixtures that often but at the time we were doing our big, complicated kitchen reno/addition, the lighting was sort of an afterthought and I didn't get anything that "special." Now I'm looking for something more special. I do like the bronze color, and my cabinet hardware and faucet are bronze. I definitely want an island fixture with multiple lights like we have now. I figure I will find the island fixture first and then find the coordinating single pendant (in front of a window about 8' away from the island fixture) and sconces (over the kitchen table about 15' away, in same room.

So far I'm not finding too much that I'm in looove with. Generally I like Hubbardton Forge (have sconces from here in adjacent LR) and Rejuvenation (DR chandelier from here, and others in the house). Our house is a 1920s Colonial with quite a bit of Mission/Stickley furniture but the kitchen isn't really in that style.

I'll post pics of some of the fixtures I've been ogling, and see if anyone wants to offer up votes and/or other suggestions.

Here is lousy pic of current island fixture.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have you seen any great multi-light island pendants lately?

Sconces at the kitchen table, from the same line (Kichler).

I'd like the new sconces to be more vertical -- more long and narrow vs. short and wide. Maybe with a fabric shade.

o
RE: Have you seen any great multi light island pendants lately?

I like this from Hubbardton Forge.

o

And I really like this single pendant, also from HF.

Would you use this in the same space as the above island fixture? In the same metal finish? I think I would.

o

I like this but I think it might feel too similar to what we have now.

o

Not sure if this is quite right, but I like the general idea...I think.

o
RE: Have u seen any great multi-light island pendants lately?

And I like this.

o

Maybe this one?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellacor -- island lighting

o

Maybe this set?

Here is a link that might be useful: Bellacor -- whole set of lighting

o

I like all your choices, but especially the last as I love the fabric shades and think they will have warm look and will soften your kitchen which has a majority of hard surfaces. That being said, I don't think you would go wrong with any of your choices.

o

I like all your choices, but especially the last as I love the fabric shades and think they will have warm look and will soften your kitchen which has a majority of hard surfaces. That being said, I don't think you would go wrong with any of your choices.

o

Tea, I almost like the first one but I have a thing about chains...don't like them. The second one I like but might be too long. I need to determine how long I can go...

o

I really like the first two and the last one. Give some though, though, to a clear glass shade as the light can be harsh.

The third one, to me, is kind of blah; and the fourth looks like something one might see in a gym, or a physical therapy office, or in "Fifty Shades of Gray".

o

Another one I like from HF.

o

And, I like this one, which comes in a longer (wider?) size.

o

And this sconce, with a lighter color shade.

o

I'd like to see more pictures of your kitchen. From what I can see in the one that you posted, your kitchen doesn't look all that Hubbardton Forge-y to me.

o

Hmm. Okay here are a couple of very UN staged photos. A bit discombobulated right now as we're getting ready to go away.

o

Eating area.

o

I know you said you like the bronze, but I'd also consider not going with bronze and finding something with a transitional, but somewhat airier look. Something a little less expected for the space.

Of what you posted, I like the 4-light linear HF that you posted in your second batch of pictures.

I'm trying to find an example of what I'm thinking, but you're right, it's very hard!

This post was edited by sas95 on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 10:21

o

Would it be weird to use something that was more round and not elongated? Like a chandelier-ish approach?

I do need something with decent lighting because I use this for my task lighting over the sink (which is in the center of the island).

Here is a link that might be useful: fixture

o

I'm a sucker for this schoolhouse style.

Here is a link that might be useful: fixture

o

I love the second one.

o

I'm all over the place. Looking at this one, too, though I wonder how much light it would provide.

Here is a link that might be useful: one more

o

Maybe something like this from Stonegate Designs where you could customize the metal finish and the fabric on the shades?

This post was edited by sas95 on Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 12:18

o

LOL! I was looking at that exact fixture about 1/2 hour ago!

I do like it.

o

Oh, SueB, that one you posted at 11:33 is GORGEOUS!!!

o

Another collection .......

Here is a link that might be useful: LP -- Whole collection

o

Tea, the up-lights aren't going to give me the lighting I need at the sink, unfortunately.

Tib, I love that one too.

DH's favorite is the very first one I posted.

o

For anyone who's still reading, I'm pretty sure this is what I'm going to get. Sorry, have to post 3 separate pics. The shade color on the island fixture and sconces will be the same (beigey linen shown on the first pic) and all metal finishes will be the same (same finish as first pic, Dark Smoke).

o

I just Iove this. It's small, only about 5" x 7".

o

And these sconces, which are about the same width as what I have now, but about twice as long.

o

I'm late to the party, but like the new lights you picked. Love the cute little pendant light.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here