Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_459360

Swapped Cocktail Table for Two Cute Ottomans

User
9 years ago

I wasn't entirely happy with the distressed cream colored coffee table in the front room of our new downstairs. It's very heavy and would be difficult to move if people want to use the wii and need all the available space. But I still wanted something there for drinks and snacks that was easy to move. I'd originally wanted two ottomans that could be moved around easily, and of all the ones I saw liked these best. They are genuine pleather :-) "with a nice shape, sturdy but very light, AND they were very inexpensive, so if we get tired of them they'll be off to the jumble sale at the church.

Comments (18)

• peony4
    9 years ago

Very nice! The tops look a bit rounded... be sure that drinks and snacks don't end up spilled all over your lovely rug.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you, peony :-)

I ordered two trays to sit atop the ottomans when needed for drinks, they are brass or bronze with a pierced gallery edge. One is 13" in diameter and the other is 15". When not in use they will go in a basket under the daybed. And I bought thick cotton jersey sheets for the cushions and wonderful lightweight cotton quilts in a white and beige zebra print so they are ready for a sleepover. And all the bedding fits nicely in the baskets underneath.

Now still waiting on five botanicals for next room. Mirror for bathroom, shower curtain, and wallpaper!

• louislinus
    9 years ago

Very cute! I used to have a tray on an ottoman for a coffee table and it worked great.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, I stand corrected. I was throwing the boxes away and retrieved the literature from one and it seems they are leather after all. I'm a little disappointed. As a child I loved the cartoon Naugahyde creature and was sort of thinking of these that way. Hmmfph.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

They are cute. I would love to see the trays you are using on them.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I will post pictures when they arrive. They are from a new catalog called Birch Lane. The quality is difficult to judge from a photo.......we shall see.

• neetsiepie
    9 years ago

Love them. I think you're right about swapping the coffee table for them. They're cheery and will definitely be more versatile. Good job!

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

I like those even better!

• jaynes123_gw
    9 years ago

Cute, cute, cute- love the arched sides, so stylish , they certainly dont look inexpensive.

• kam76
    9 years ago

Super cute! Love the color. Where did you get those botanicals? I love them!

• patricianat
    9 years ago

Love, love, love them and leather is better. You would have had to kill all those little nauga's in order to get their hyde. ;-) So you only had to get big old beefy hides from already digested meat. Again, I love them.

• loribee
    9 years ago

They are so cute and add a great pop of color!

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I am glad everyone likes them as much as I do!

Kam, I ordered the botanicals online from a place in Australia called Empirical Style,. They are very easy to work with despite the distance.

• ttodd
    9 years ago

I love that room so much! Always loved that color scheme for yrs but was one that I could never pull off on my own due to my innate personal color drive so I love living vicariously through beautiful red, green & cream rooms like yours!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Love those little ottomans. I could use something similar...mind if I ask where you found them?

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sue they are in the Grandinroad catalog, which is a subsidiary of Frontgate. They have a mind boggling array of ottomans, all very reasonably priced. These were just $149 each, although prices go up from here none are really pricey. It is surprisingly well made, and I think the oversize nail head trim is great--- same vibe but less busy. They have a round turquoise one and a square burnt orange one in this same range and many, many others.

• User
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks, The Foxes Pad! I do the very same thing with other peoples' color schemes, especially all the blues and silvers. And your wonderful home office is still one of my very favorite GW rooms!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

KSWL, I just started receiving Birch Lane catalogs. I will look for them. I love pretty trays!