Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akl_vdb

Which tile for entryway?

akl_vdb
9 years ago

I've narrowed it down to a few (I think!).

I need help.

Which looks better? Paint is BM revere pewter. Floor is a engineered oak 7.5 inch wide planks.

Would you pick 1, 2 or 3 (they are numbered on the green tape!) or neither, keep looking.

Thanks for all the advice I've received on here and TIA for this!

Comments (24)

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Can't read the numbers on the tape. Looks like a 2 on the one I like, which is the one on the bottom.

• rgps
    9 years ago

# 2 on the far right side of the photo but might go a bit darken than even that one.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

rgps, that's the one I like also.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I vote 2 as well..it looks like it's got nice brown undertones that complement the hardwood.....

• nanny2a
    9 years ago

2 looks the most complementary to me.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

The darkest one.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

I like #2 the best too.

• mojomom
    9 years ago

Another vote for 2. I like that it is a bit darker and quieter. Looks good with the wood and calms the paint.

• caminnc
    9 years ago

I like the lightest one, it's fresh and clean and I love the contrast with the dark floor.

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for all the opinions! The one on the right is the one we are leaning towards. I think they could all 'work' is the problem. The middle one sparkles - and I do love sparkles :) But it is a bit cooler.

I think the lightest one, while beautiful, would not be practical in our climate. We get winter a lot of months/year and it would get sloppy, esp the grout.

The middle one has a darker version, so I may check that out as well. (steel, but will probably be too dark, I do like a lighter contrast).

So many choices, thank you for helping me narrow down a 'look'.

Here is a link that might be useful: middle tile but darker version

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Hmmmmâ¦I like the bronze in the Vienna!

Agree re: the sparkles. And your choice for the flooring is gorgeous.

• westleyandbuttercup
    9 years ago

Another vote for #2.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

The Vienna looks like concrete in the photos. Of course it's almost impossible to capture stone in the right light to show it's true beauty.

• pricklypearcactus
    9 years ago

First, all the tiles look beautiful, especially with the wood flooring. My favourite is the far right one (darkest) which I think is labeled #2. The color is perfect with the floor and I love the striations. Any chance for closeups of all three? My next choice would be the middle (labeled #1 I think).

• Oakley
    9 years ago

I also love the bronze. Because of your winter weather, I think it would be best if you go for a darker tile, and use a dark grout.

Entryways are a fun place to let loose with color and pattern where tile is concerned.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I also like the way the bronze would probably segue into the wood floor better.

• Olychick
    9 years ago

I like the continuity of similar shades in flooring instead of contrast when using different materials, so I like the bronze the best, too.

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks!

pricklypearcactus, here's the best I could do with a close up.

I'm trying to get away from browns/beiges and segue way a bit into the warm greys

I'll take a irl look at the darker bronze/steel and see how they look with the 'look' I'm trying to go for!

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Other tile

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Duplicate post, didn't close up on the light tile as i ruled it out.

This post was edited by aklvdb on Thu, Jul 3, 14 at 18:31

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

The third image didn't show up, but now that I see the other two close ups, I'd have had a hard time picking between them. I might lean a tad more toward number ONE now. I like that its movement and color would contrast the wood floor nicely.
    I do take it, that the wood floor is on the left and not the plank in the front, correct?

• akl_vdb
    Original Author
    9 years ago

justgotabme - it's all the same wood, I just put the plank there for colour. The sample on the left I think has darkened over time.

We are also kind of liking one, I don't know, it might seem too cool. But it does have some browny flecks in it. No pink for sure. But a touch of blue almost.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Ah.... it could be the way the light hit it too. It's so hard to tell in photographs. Even at that, I've changed my mind to #1.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

I'd like to see a sample of the bronze next to your floor wood and the wall.