Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Red paint color suggestions

Posted by leennp (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 8, 14 at 20:52

Hello all. It is almost time to paint the laundry room cabinets, they are the last paint color I need to choose out of this whole house remodel. I originally planned to paint to paint them the same color white as the kitchen cabinets which are marshmallow creme from Starmark. Wall color is BM revere pewter, floors are a dark grayish/brownish wood look tile. The granite remnant I have on hold for the room is white thunder, so very light background, with some black, grey and some speckles of red. I just started thinking the room needs some color to it, and red is the one color I think would work best, just need some suggestions for deep, rich red color, no brownish, orange or purplish undertones, and not too bright tomatoe red. Any suggestions for me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Red paint color suggestions

Benjamin Moore Carriage Red

o

Several years ago I used Ralph Lauren Balmoral Red, a deep slightly rusty red. I did a fireplace accent wall, the bottom portion of the dining room, and a powder room. I absolutely loved it!

Not my room, but you can see the color.

Here is a link that might be useful: Balmoral Red

o

Benjamin Moore has a color called Cottage Red that's nice.

o

There are lots of ways to get red into a room without committing to red cabinets. Some examples below.

o

I have BM Heritage Red. Not too brown, not too pink, not too orange.
Oher popular colors are Red, Caliente, Raspberry Truffle

o

Raspberry Truffle is a good color. Here it is below our chair rail in our DR:

o

Thanks for all suggestions. I have not had time to pick up any samples yet but hopefully tomorrow. Other than the obvious affect of not neutral for resale or you may get tired of red, anyone see any problem with red cabinets in laundry room? It is not a lot of cabinetry in that room and room does have natural light.

o

No problems, only that you may get tired of it. So, red walls would be easier to change.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures of red laundry cabinets

o

showing dust and lint more might be an issue. I do love red, but I also have found over my years that I prefer to accent in different colors and keep everything else neutral, so I can change things at my whim....ie: artwork, rugs, seasonal decor. for instance, my whole house now is in shades of whte, creme, grays taupes and black I LOVE IT. Red is a powerful color, a pop color, a hot color, a christmas color, Valentines color, a passion color, so I choose to use it more as an accent. As much as painting the cabinets might be a fun and funky thing to do, I agree with a few posters that you might tire of it soon, and painting cabinets is such a permanent thing. HOWEVER, having said that, if you have money to play with and can change it out in a couple of years then go for it girl! I mean a laundry room can take a fun color. anyway, Sherwin Williams has always had a reputation for doing well with deep base colors. There was a color that I used years ago called Garnet Red. It wasnt too blue and wasnt too yellow, and looked beautiful against white.

Here is a link that might be useful: a pretty red

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here