Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Have You Ordered A Quilt From Pottery Barn?

Posted by carolfm (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 20, 12 at 20:44

I'm lookin at the pick stitch quilt in ivory and wondered about the sizing and quality of their quilts. Also, if you have ordered their ivory color does it have a yellow cast or is it more off white? Restoration Hardwares bedding is oversized and good quality but I haven't ordered bedding from Pottery Barn before. Any information would be appreciated!

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Have You Ordered A Quilt From Pottery Barn?

I purchased on a few years ago and I was very happy with the quality. The one I bought, had ivory in it, and it was more off white - hope that helps!

o

Find out what the dimensions are to be sure. All the bedding I have bought from them, quilts, duvets, etc. has been excellent quality.

o

The dimensions are listed on the second tab on the item's page at the web site. I would say their quilts are standard, not oversized at all. I can't speak to the color as the quilt I bought was a patterned fabric.

o

I bought a PB quilt about 5 years ago. It is just the right size for a king bed and good quality and feel. Last year I wanted a change and bought a new PB quilt. The quality has really decreased in the last 5 years. The new quilt was much thinner and flimsy, but worst of all the king size was way too small, much smaller than the old quilt. I returned the new quilt and have been looking ever since. Arrrrrgh!

o

While the quality is fine, the size isn't always large enough - check the measurements. If you have a pillowtop/thick mattress, it may not hang over long enough on the sides. The duvet cover I bought at Target was bigger than the one I bought at PB if you can believe that!

o

We love ours. Excellent quality!

o

Great quality here too, although I purchased mine five years ago.

o

I require a 108" width minimum for king quilts. Most aren't that wide.

o

DD bought the matine toile quilt in red about three years ago and it has held up very well. It's used daily and has been laundered regularly.

o

I have that quilt, and the quality is good as is the size. It hangs down several inches past the mattress, but I don't have one of those crazy big mattresses. I'm pretty sure mine is the white. It's more of a creamy white/off white vs. a stark white. I imagine the ivory would have more yellow in it. I bought mine in the store, so you might be able to check the color there.

o

I do have one of those "crazy big mattresses" :-). That was why I was concerned! I think the queen will be too small and the kind too big according to the sizes listed. I thought to save money by ordering the Pottery Barn quilt(nearly a hundred dollars with quilt and shams)vs the Restoration Hardware quilt that has a more generous size. Does anyone have suggestions for where I might find an oversize ivory quilt with decent quality that is a bit less expensive than RH? Thank you for all your feedback!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here