Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolfm_gw

Have You Ordered A Quilt From Pottery Barn?

carolfm
11 years ago

I'm lookin at the pick stitch quilt in ivory and wondered about the sizing and quality of their quilts. Also, if you have ordered their ivory color does it have a yellow cast or is it more off white? Restoration Hardwares bedding is oversized and good quality but I haven't ordered bedding from Pottery Barn before. Any information would be appreciated!

Carol

Comments (15)

• tinker_2006
    11 years ago

I purchased on a few years ago and I was very happy with the quality. The one I bought, had ivory in it, and it was more off white - hope that helps!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

Find out what the dimensions are to be sure. All the bedding I have bought from them, quilts, duvets, etc. has been excellent quality.

• Fun2BHere
    11 years ago

The dimensions are listed on the second tab on the item's page at the web site. I would say their quilts are standard, not oversized at all. I can't speak to the color as the quilt I bought was a patterned fabric.

• Cheryl
    11 years ago

While the quality is fine, the size isn't always large enough - check the measurements. If you have a pillowtop/thick mattress, it may not hang over long enough on the sides. The duvet cover I bought at Target was bigger than the one I bought at PB if you can believe that!

• andrewkillian
    11 years ago

We love ours. Excellent quality!

• jan_in_wisconsin
    11 years ago

Great quality here too, although I purchased mine five years ago.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

I require a 108" width minimum for king quilts. Most aren't that wide.

• kswl2
    11 years ago

DD bought the matine toile quilt in red about three years ago and it has held up very well. It's used daily and has been laundered regularly.

• porkandham
    11 years ago

I have that quilt, and the quality is good as is the size. It hangs down several inches past the mattress, but I don't have one of those crazy big mattresses. I'm pretty sure mine is the white. It's more of a creamy white/off white vs. a stark white. I imagine the ivory would have more yellow in it. I bought mine in the store, so you might be able to check the color there.

• carolfm
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I do have one of those "crazy big mattresses" :-). That was why I was concerned! I think the queen will be too small and the kind too big according to the sizes listed. I thought to save money by ordering the Pottery Barn quilt(nearly a hundred dollars with quilt and shams)vs the Restoration Hardware quilt that has a more generous size. Does anyone have suggestions for where I might find an oversize ivory quilt with decent quality that is a bit less expensive than RH? Thank you for all your feedback!

Carol

• lisa3680
    5 years ago

It seems the quality has gone down a lot over the years. I just bought a pb quilt and was disappointed. It is thin and rough feeling. The last quilts I bought from pb were years ago when my kids were young for their rooms. That would have been like fifteen or 16 years ago. They were awesome quilts. Thick, soft and lasted for many years until I gave them away because the boys were too old for the children’s design.

• iheartsix
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I have 2 pick stitch quilts from PB - ivory and white. The ivory is a true ivory, not too yellow based. They’ve held up wonderfully. The ivory is on our bed - have used it now for a few years, no wear. Loved it so much I ended up getting the White for the guest bedroom. Sizing imo totally depends on the depth of your mattress.

• nina_092586
    2 years ago

I bought a pick stitch quilt and was sad it wasnt soft. Is their any way to make quilt softer or is that just how that particular quilt made?

• Ninette Enrique
    last year

Nina, I feel the same. Just got it, and it’s not soft.