Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best place to buy shades (Roman, cellular) at a good value price

Posted by randita (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 29, 12 at 20:38

I'm looking for suggestions for places to purchase good quality Roman and cellular shades at a reasonable price - no more than $50-$75 for a single window, e.g.

I'm seeing astronomical prices on some sites for these - $200+ for a single window. I'll make my own Roman shades before paying that.

We are moving soon and the new home is in need of updated window treatments. Right now there are white blinds on some of the windows which are not in great shape.

We have a private lot, so the need for window treatments is for aesthetics as well as sun blocking and insulation. We don't need black out shades or heavy insulation as we're going to be in a temperate climate.

I think I want to start with some Roman or cellular shades on the windows that need covering, then maybe add valances or side panels on some of the windows. It's a home in a lake community so I want a semi-casual look-not draperies.

I don't like blinds that much as they are insatiable dust collectors.

Any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best place to buy shades (Roman, cellular) at a good value pr

Just replaced my plantation shudders with cellular blinds--custom sizes and color. I found the best deal at Lowe's--by miles. They run special discounts on Bali and Leveler a few times a year. Mine are wide (76--90 inches) interior mount. They averaged about $100 a window.

o

There's a Lowes nearby, so that will be convenient. My windows are single and double crank outs so not that wide. I'll check it out.

Do you recall what time of year they run the discounts?

Sometimes places run specials right after Labor Day because that's usually a dead time for people to shop.

o

The site I use is Stardecorating.com. They always have Levolar at 40% off retail.

o

I've used selectblinds.com for my last two houses. Great prices, great quality. They will send you samples of everything too before you make a purchase.

o

I've used JustBlinds with no problems. They also send you free samples.

o

Lowe's had the special all of June. Again mid July to August. I gather they do it frequently. Their price was 1/3 the quote from "3 day blinds."

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here