Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What's the best paint for wicker furniture?

Posted by angieshell (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 16, 10 at 20:21

Oh happy days! I was shopping today at my local thrift store and found the perfect wicker set for my sunroom. I gave $70 for the entire set and was thrilled. Hubby came home and took one look at it and told me he was taking it to the dump. So that means I need to act fast to convince him that painting it will bring back life to it.
What kind of paint should I use on wicker? I've read different articles saying to use oil based and some said spray paint. I'm wanting to paint all of it black and the furniture will remain indoors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What's the best paint for wicker furniture?

I absolutely love your set! So darling! I have painted several wicker items over the years. I used to use regular spray can (the cheap 99c cans) but it took alot.

Last week I sprayed several wicker pieces with Rustoleum Painters Touch 2x spray and it was awesome! It sprayed a settee and chair with one can and changed it from white to black. I can not tell you how easy that stuff makes it to spray the furniture. Enjoy your new set!

Here is a link that might be useful: rustoleum paint

o

The link below should answer your question.........

Here is a link that might be useful: painting wicker

o

What a deal on an awesome looking set. Your hubby will be eating his words once you have them painted yummy black!
Though in looking at your floor I'm wondering if a very very dark dark chocolate, as in Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate, brown would look pretty darn awesome too.

o
RE2: What's the best paint for wicker furniture?

Well this may not be the best virtual, but I thought I'd see what to show the difference between black and a very dark brown. I like them both, but thought since I mentioned chocolate chip brown I'd show you what I meant...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

I am going to be painting some wicker furniture and wondered how your project turned out. Also, I love your flooring and would like to know what brand tile/color you used.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here